Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times

Advertisements

the lions are really bad, in Norman i would say if Oklahoma won the turnover battle they would win. when things start going bad, the lions cave. the momentum factor would be HUGE for the Sooners playing at home. once they scored, the lions just might quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Pro teams no matter how good or bad they are would take college teams to the wood shed and whip them good.

Last edited by noland123; 12-09-2008 at 10:48 AM..

Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
how bad would they spank them though? like 21-7 Lions? that sooner offense broke all kinds of records and the lions have one of the worst defenses ever. i bet the sooners would score at least 21 on them. it's that detroit offense that would probably get the better of the sooner D with Calvin Johnson, Kevin Smith, and company. i think it would be a high scoring affair with the Sooners possibly winning (since they're at home and the lions are quitters) like 31-30.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,646,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
the lions are really bad, in Norman i would say if Oklahoma won the turnover battle they would win. when things start going bad, the lions cave. the momentum factor would be HUGE for the Sooners playing at home. once they scored, the lions just might quit.
It really wouldn't matter if they were in Norman or Spain OU would get that behind shot off. Again, OU's perfect game against Detroit would be a 35-3 loss with no turnovers and 2 first downs for the entire game. OU's D line would constantly get blown up and Detroit's O Lines would open holes big enough to land helicopters in. I forgot to mention this last time but College kickers aren't all that when kicking a 38-45 yard field goal whereas NFL kickers are almost automatic within the 50 yard range (morelike 45-48).

Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
maybe sooner fans should worry about beating Florida first before fantasizing about even playing a pro team.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I would love to see a NCAA team play a NFL team at least once a year,even if its an exibition type game, I think its been done in the NCAA/NBA before with the Knicks and UMASS but I could be wrong.

Who do you think would win, OU is scoring major points right now, I think it would be close and OU could pull out a win, possibly over a few NFL teams.
You're joking right? You're talking about men vs. boys here. The level of play in the NFL and college is night and day. Think about it. The NFL takes the best players out of college through NFL combines, tests, scouting reports, etc. You seriously think OU can pull it off...never!!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
If the entire Oklahoma football team tried out for the Lions, I doubt many would make the roster.

Comparing NFL to collegiate football is comparing apples to oranges.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
You're joking right? You're talking about men vs. boys here. The level of play in the NFL and college is night and day. Think about it. The NFL takes the best players out of college through NFL combines, tests, scouting reports, etc. You seriously think OU can pull it off...never!!

Im not joking, lets take the NBA for example, you have a few kids who arent even old enough to buy cigarettes get signed to a NBA team and come in and become some of the best players in the game(Bryant,Garnett,&James), I know there is a big difference in the NCAA and NFL but Im sure OU could pull out a win on a good day.

The players on the Lions roster were good enough to make a NFL team but obviously not good enough to win against a NFL team so far.

and anyways it would be just fun to watch the 2 levels of football compete.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,766 times
Default Uh... No.

Quote:
I would love to see a NCAA team play a NFL team at least once a year,even if its an exibition type game, I think its been done in the NCAA/NBA before with the Knicks and UMASS but I could be wrong.

Who do you think would win, OU is scoring major points right now, I think it would be close and OU could pull out a win, possibly over a few NFL teams.
Even though the Sooners are very dominant right now with Bradford; Iglesias and company I highly doubt that Oklahoma would win. It would be a wonderful event to watch especially if it was to be at Oklahoma in front of their notorious crowd.

But really it takes a lot factors to be able to beat a NFL team such as experience, strength, etc. Yes, the Lions are very weak and OU is very strong but still a NFL team could beat a NCAA team anyday.

I would very much enjoy seeing the Longhorns play the Sooners than the Lions take on the Sooners.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:15 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Im not joking, lets take the NBA for example, you have a few kids who arent even old enough to buy cigarettes get signed to a NBA team and come in and become some of the best players in the game(Bryant,Garnett,&James), I know there is a big difference in the NCAA and NFL but Im sure OU could pull out a win on a good day.

The players on the Lions roster were good enough to make a NFL team but obviously not good enough to win against a NFL team so far.

and anyways it would be just fun to watch the 2 levels of football compete.
Name me one player who came out of the NBA straight out of high school and made an immediate impact. I am not talking played in the conference finals deep into his career like Garnett or spent a few years growing into a star like Kobe. I am not even talking about T-Mac, who didn't even make an impact until his third year in the NBA. Name one, just one, who was an immediate impact player in the NBA right out of high school. LeBron probably comes the closest; but I think it is universally accepted that he is a special talent. It would take several LeBrons and Kobes to build a college team that would not get crushed by the worst pro team.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 12-09-2008 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football