Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
What was your picks?

And second place, third place, fourth don't count bubba.

Have you ever heard someone say "I finished 5th in the Heisman in 1990!"?
No, you never hear that do you.

There can only be one winner and I got it right, did you?

Ingram was not the favorite to win, if there was a total favority there would be no need to even have the other 4 show up.

No I do not need YOU to validate me, you seem to not want to give anyone credit who picked the WINNER of the trophy.

Now, what was your pick again to win it?

What was your top 5 picks?

Oh by the way, 4,000 players in the running for the Heisman and I picked 3 of the top 5, not to DAMN BAD!

Waiting for you picks so I can help you out.
You correctly picked 3 out of the 5 that had been on the Heisman list nearly all year...big whoop! The other two, Suh and Gerhart were darkhorses at the beginning of the year. Yet, you didn't mention them at all.

It's sort of pathetic you believe you should get some nifty prize for guessing Ingram will win it at THE END OF THE YEAR (and yes, he was the favorite going into to the announcement)...wow, are you a clairvoyant? Show me a post that you guessed Ingram at the beginning of the year and I'll give you props. But, since you were on Tebow's jock all year, you will not be able to.

Here's what I said on the last page, so pay attention:

"It matters little who I think should win it. If that was taken into account, Toby Gerhart will win it. Who do I think will win it, tough call, maybe Ingram or McCoy...but both of them looked average compared to what Gerhart and CJ Spiller did in their last games.

Maybe I should claim I called the winner and get a prize too...naw, I don't need validation because I can give a s**t about what people think on a forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 02:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,321,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
You correctly picked 3 out of the 5 that had been on the Heisman list nearly all year...big whoop! The other two, Suh and Gerhart were darkhorses at the beginning of the year. Yet, you didn't mention them at all.

It's sort of pathetic you believe you should get some nifty prize for guessing Ingram will win it at THE END OF THE YEAR (and yes, he was the favorite going into to the announcement)...wow, are you a clairvoyant? Show me a post that you guessed Ingram at the beginning of the year and I'll give you props. But, since you were on Tebow's jock all year, you will not be able to.

Here's what I said on the last page, so pay attention:

"It matters little who I think should win it. If that was taken into account, Toby Gerhart will win it. Who do I think will win it, tough call, maybe Ingram or McCoy...but both of them looked average compared to what Gerhart and CJ Spiller did in their last games.

Maybe I should claim I called the winner and get a prize too...naw, I don't need validation because I can give a s**t about what people think on a forum.

Nothing matters what you say, I was right and you - well.... wrong of course.

Now I see what your problem is, it was Tebow.

Jealous of the young man or what? Tebow is one of the greatest college football players of ALL TIME so why be so jealous of him?

So why do you post if you already have said you dont give a crap?

You must care or you would not be such a damn cry baby for getting beaten by a lady.

By the way, Suh and Gerhardt, who are they again? I saw Suh play one game and Gerhardt only on highlight film.

As far as Gerhardt goes, I don't watch west coast football much, way to boring.

Face it, I was right and you were WRONG. Beaten by a lady, it must be killing you.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,321,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Of course you do, they're called Heisman Finalists, there are 5 each year. It is a great accomplishment.

I wouldn't be downgrading anyone that finished top 5 in Heisman voting.

Did not downgrade any of them, just answering someone call to reason.

If you read back some you would see that someone was believing it would be easy to pick 3 out of the 5 finalist. Not an easy task at all considering all the great players we saw this year.

I agree with you, the finalist have something to be proud of but one poster had to be shown what the Heisman winner get's, forever to be mentioned among the best. And of course he did not pick the correct person so he is whining like a baby when someone else did.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:42 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,311,057 times
Quote:
Oh by the way, 4,000 players in the running for the Heisman and I picked 3 of the top 5, not to DAMN BAD!
You and about 50 million other people.

Ingram, McCoy, Tebow. Way to go out on a limb there.....

Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,167 times
Quote:
Nothing matters what you say, I was right and you - well.... wrong of course.

Now I see what your problem is, it was Tebow.

Jealous of the young man or what? Tebow is one of the greatest college football players of ALL TIME so why be so jealous of him?

So why do you post if you already have said you dont give a crap?

You must care or you would not be such a damn cry baby for getting beaten by a lady.

By the way, Suh and Gerhardt, who are they again? I saw Suh play one game and Gerhardt only on highlight film.

As far as Gerhardt goes, I don't watch west coast football much, way to boring.

Face it, I was right and you were WRONG. Beaten by a lady, it must be killing you.
Seeing that you rarely post in the football section, I can only laugh at your posts. I was wrong? Didn't you read my response to you?...I thought either Ingram or McCoy would win it.

Oh yes, I must be jealous of him. Well, I certainly am not drooling like a thirteen year old girl over every move he makes in the latest edition of Teen, much like you apparently seem to do. Rather, I've disagreed with your outlandish claim that he should have won it an infinite amount of times.

But the peach of all this is your ignorance about who Suh and Gerhart are...I guess it must be the uniforms and how snazzy the players look like to get your blood boiling to go out on that wobbly limb and claim that "Ingram will win the Heisman," even if it was the last f**king week before the announcement. Must be that womanly intuition.

Say there, Nostradamus, who wins the Heisman next year...Tebow?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:56 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,614,384 times
Quote:
The top three.

Tebow
McCoy
Spiller tie
Ingram tie

Should go to superman Tebow.

I also think he got screwed out of it last year.
Just throwing this out there. Should go to Tebow right?

OK, I'm making my MNC picks.

I'm torn between Texas and 'Bama, I just know it will be one of them, not sure which one I'm taking but I'm picking one of those teams to win it all.... we'll see how I do.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:21 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,081,882 times
I agree it should've been Gerhart. Alabama had respectable talent around Ingram and could function without him (see the Auburn game) and he still had inferior numbers to Gerhart, who had NO talent around him and let's face it: Stanford might not have won a game without him (except for WSU and a non-conference tomato can). This is a perfect example of voters getting a hard-on for a guy on the best team.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,619,037 times
Gerhart not winning the Heisman Trophy is a perfect example of why the media should not even talk about "front runners" for the Heisman before the season even starts. The Heisman has become a popularity contest, and should only be talked about towards the season end. Gerhart out rushed Ingram by over 300 yards, and scored 11 more touchdowns!!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:56 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Gerhart not winning the Heisman Trophy is a perfect example of why the media should not even talk about "front runners" for the Heisman before the season even starts. The Heisman has become a popularity contest, and should only be talked about towards the season end. Gerhart out rushed Ingram by over 300 yards, and scored 11 more touchdowns!!
And he won the award for being the best Running Back in the nation. (Doak Walker award)

This year was the first time ever that the winner of that award did not win the Heisman. (When the Heisman was awarded to a running back of course).

Ingram was the first ever RB to win the Heisman but not win the award given to the most outstanding RB in CFB.

Gerhart got hosed.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM

369 posts, read 777,572 times
How it should've been
1. Suh
2. Gerhart
3. Spiller
4. Ingram
5. Boise QB (Kellen Moore?)
...anyways the Heisman is a joke award, it doesn't translate to NFL success, and is RARELY awarded to the best player in football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football