Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM

151 posts, read 132,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Per capita NJ isn't even in the top ten.

I've read your previous posts in this thread. Way to introduce yourself to the board and show everyone right away that you know next to nothing as far FB knowledge goes. Minor leagues? LMFAO. That's the worst description of CFB that I've ever heard of.

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Where's all the talent coming from?
I know nothing about college football? If you have not noticed, I don't care to. I don't watch minor league football (college football).

I need to go to a college football game the same what I need to see a AAA baseball game..... not important to me

Last edited by anp83; 01-15-2010 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Why do you spell league with a q?

Why are posting in a CFB thread?

"I need to go to a college football game the same what I need to say a AAA baseball game"

What are you talking about bro?

Minor league is for people that don't make it to the pros.

So Peyton Manning wasn't accurate while at UT? What about Barry Sanders, yeah he was nothing to see in College. Larry Fitzgerald? nothin. Sean Taylor? Nope. AD. Nah he wasn't a beast. Bo? He was just plain slow. Percy Harvin? waaay slow in college. Ray Rice? ahhh he only rushed for 2000 yds ONCE in his college career, slow.

I thought you had to be at least 16 years old to post on C-D? I think you are violating the TOS.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Why do you spell league with a q?

Why are posting in a CFB thread?

"I need to go to a college football game the same what I need to say a AAA baseball game"

What are you talking about bro?

Minor league is for people that don't make it to the pros.

So Peyton Manning wasn't accurate while at UT? What about Barry Sanders, yeah he was nothing to see in College. Larry Fitzgerald? nothin. Sean Taylor? Nope. AD. Nah he wasn't a beast. Bo? He was just plain slow. Percy Harvin? waaay slow in college. Ray Rice? ahhh he only rushed for 2000 yds ONCE in his college career, slow.

I thought you had to be at least 16 years old to post on C-D? I think you are violating the TOS.
I am posting in this thread because the north is being bashed because people say they don't have enough talent. I am trying to tell everyone that people here don't care, noone is into college football here or cares about it. In the north college football takes a back seat to pro.

My point is that going a AAA baseball game and a college football game is the same thing. Both are minor leagues.

The players that you mentioned are good, but that is ONE player. What about the other 21 on the field?

For example there are how many college football teams. Around 120? Out of 120 QB's, maybe 10 make the NFL. Therefore, 110 of them are minor league players. I will pass, the talent level is too depleted.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:50 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
------" going a AAA baseball game and a college football game is the same thing :--

Your opinion, but not shared by most.

If your opinion was true, minor league stadiums would hold over 60,000 people and have their games televised on ESPN, ESPN2,ABC, and CBS.

Heck, hard to get the minor league scores unless one subscribes to the hometown newspaper where they are located.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM

Sure many threads on college football.

Not many threads on AAA baseball.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,865 times
That's in reference to level of play not popularity.

I love college football but as far as top tier college athletes it is what it is, a feeder system for the pros. I don't know how anyone can argue this, especially for football factories.

Because the North spawned the NFL and focus was on the drama of NFL championship and later Super Bowl, you can understand how people just don't get crazy for the mythical national championship in NCAA

Cultural gap fuels the disparity, nuff said.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
------" going a AAA baseball game and a college football game is the same thing :--

Your opinion, but not shared by most.

If your opinion was true, minor league stadiums would hold over 60,000 people and have their games televised on ESPN, ESPN2,ABC, and CBS.

Heck, hard to get the minor league scores unless one subscribes to the hometown newspaper where they are located.
I don't care if 1 million people are in the stadium.

The players have lower speed, agility, acceleration, power and weigh less in pros.

I can't wait to see Tim Tebow throw a pass into a NFL (PRO) defense. He was big at the minor league level, won't make it in the pros. There is a perfect example.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Sure many threads on college football.

Not many threads on AAA baseball.
SImply because football is the biggest sport. Many show up for minor league basketball games, hockey games and baseball games by the thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
That's in reference to level of play not popularity.

I love college football but as far as top tier college athletes it is what it is, a feeder system for the pros. I don't know how anyone can argue this, especially for football factories.

Because the North spawned the NFL and focus was on the drama of NFL championship and later Super Bowl, you can understand how people just don't get crazy for the mythical national championship in NCAA

Cultural gap fuels the disparity, nuff said.
Exactly, my point. If people like it, more power to them.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:50 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
This may have been already pointed out but I don't have time to search the entire thread. I heard one of the talking heads explain it this way and it makes sense to me.
Defense wins championships and most (not all) of the best defensive players would rather go to school in the south. Better weather, more partying (is Floridia not listed as the number one school for partying) and the coeds aren't covered up like eskimos. He pointed out that that is why Urban Meyer went to Floridia and not Notre Dame.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Some talented football players did leave Florida.

A couple years ago, a small junior college in northen Minnesota had a great football team and most of the players were from Florida.

When they started to act like thugs in the dorms and in the town and were getting arrested, locals started to complain.

Minneapolis newspapers and tv stations started investigating and discovered this jc was recruiting high schoolers who no other major college ( or no other JC ) would take cuz of their academic record.

The story got so bizzare ( some barely got their HS diploma ) that the college president shut down the football program and eliminated it.

Seems even Florida guys who couldn't get into college anyplace else, could still produce winning records on the football field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football