Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 AM

31 posts, read 43,055 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm just wondering what are some of the best college or university for Information Technology?

If you could post some url for the colleges or university it would be much appreciated

I'm 26 and looking at moving over to the USA and studying.

I'm either looking at living in California or New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM

191 posts, read 945,956 times
RIT was the first IT major in the country (I went here and was an IT major!) Rochester Institute of Technology or directly to their IT department RIT Information Sciences & Technology

It's in NY state, has lots of international students, and is very technology oriented. It's a great school, but is private so it might be expensive for you. I'm not sure how financial aid works for international students.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM

469 posts, read 1,174,926 times
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is best in the world. Caltech and Stanford are close. Georgia tech, university of michigan, duke university, rice, university of tennessee. Just about any major state research institution will have a high quality IT program. Alabama has a really good management information systems program which is mainly business related IT.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraji View Post
RIT was the first IT major in the country (I went here and was an IT major!) Rochester Institute of Technology or directly to their IT department RIT Information Sciences & Technology

It's in NY state, has lots of international students, and is very technology oriented. It's a great school, but is private so it might be expensive for you. I'm not sure how financial aid works for international students.
LOL!
As soon as I read the OP, I thought of RIT. And I didn't go there!
I know many grads who have gone on to excellent paying jobs.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM

50 posts, read 197,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is best in the world.
I'm in the process of getting my Masters in Open CourseWare studies there

Free Online Course Materials | Courses | MIT OpenCourseWare

Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM

191 posts, read 945,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!
As soon as I read the OP, I thought of RIT. And I didn't go there!
I know many grads who have gone on to excellent paying jobs.
Haha yeah as soon as I read this thread I was excited to respond!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Best Computer Science Programs | Top Computer Science Schools | US News Best Graduate Schools

Old 04-28-2011, 08:18 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraji View Post

I think i applied to RIT and got accepted...but I ended going to Rutgers (for financial aid reasons) for Computer Science, then switched to Information Technology.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
CALIFORNIA:

CalTech, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC San Diego, USC, Harvey Mudd

NEW YORK:
Columbia, RIT, SUNY-Stony Brook, NYU, Rennsalaer Polytechnic, Uni Rochester, SUNY - Buffalo, Syracuse, Polytechnic University, SUNY-Albany

As far as posting URLs, come on buddy, if you are going to study CS it should be easy enough to do a GOOGLE. Don't expect to be hand fed when studying at university.

You can also do a google for best computer science program (new york, california)

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARparty View Post
I'm in the process of getting my Masters in Open CourseWare studies there

Free Online Course Materials | Courses | MIT OpenCourseWare

You can get a masters from MIT this way?

What is MIT OpenCourseWare?

MIT OpenCourseWare is a free publication of MIT course materials that reflects almost all the undergraduate and graduate subjects taught at MIT.
  • OCW is not an MIT education.
  • OCW does not grant degrees or certificates.
  • OCW does not provide access to MIT faculty.
  • Materials may not reflect entire content of the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities