Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 AM

18 posts, read 28,102 times

Advertisements

Hello Friends,

I'm Kaladhar from India and i'm looking for the best colleges for graduate programs (M.S.) in Dallas City or in the nearby surrounding cities of Texas.

Any help regarding the scholarship programs will also be appreciated..

I await your speedy responses..

Thanks
Kaladhar

Last edited by kaladhar; 06-13-2012 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Need to Subscribe
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,496,678 times
If you want to stay in the Dallas area, take a look at University of Texas - Dallas and University of Texas - Arlington. University of Houston is cheap and a decent school, but it won't be close to you. The best schools in Texas are University of Texas - Austin, Texas A&M - College Station, and Rice University.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:54 PM

74 posts, read 238,060 times
M.S. in what? what's your degree program? What is your budget? Right around Dallas you have University of North Texas in Denton, University of Texas at Dallas and University of Texas at Arlington. There are several low cost universities located in rural locations of Texas.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Budget : As low as possible..
College : As best as possible
Scholarship: Must
Course/Major: I have a few options in mind but not yet finalized. U can help me choose the Major too

1. Conflict Resolution / Peace Studies
2. Psychology & Behavioral Sciences
3. Hotel and Hospitality Management
4. International Business
5. Advertising & Public Relations

Thank you..

Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 AM

12,113 posts, read 23,338,095 times
What I read from that is that you don't care what you study as long as it gets you out of India and someone else pays for it. Is that correct?

Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
What I read from that is that you don't care what you study as long as it gets you out of India and someone else pays for it. Is that correct?
No, Joe. Your assumptions are not correct even in the slightest & it's not cool on your part to criticize me this way without knowing anything about me @ all.

First of all, i ain't desperate to get out of my country coz i love it and i know it will be hard to leave my parents behind even for a short while but some tough decisions have to be made for a colorful future.

Secondly, I do care a lot about what i study b'coz the majors i chose now will make or break me in the long-run. Again your perception is flawed big-time. I'll not be selecting a list of 5 possible majors if i'm not interested. If truth must be told, i wanna do all 5 of them.

Finally & most importantly, it comes down to the funding. I am indeed looking for a scholarship just like a thousand others and i'm not ashamed to admit that. I do deserve it & i will take my chances on that.. If i'm filthy rich & loaded, i'll not be asking for a scholarship in the first case.

The bottomline is that when someone asks you for any suggestions, share your ideas with them or pass on your wisdom but kindly do not criticize them without knowing the person. If you don't have anything nice to add to the discussion, do everyone a favor and be gone!!

Thank you,
Kaladhar

Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,223,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaladhar View Post
Budget : As low as possible..
College : As best as possible
Scholarship: Must
Course/Major: I have a few options in mind but not yet finalized. U can help me choose the Major too

1. Conflict Resolution / Peace Studies
2. Psychology & Behavioral Sciences
3. Hotel and Hospitality Management
4. International Business
5. Advertising & Public Relations

Thank you..
Unless you are truly an outstanding student, one that a university is willing to compete against another for, I expect you will have great difficulty earning a scholarship from a state university in Texas.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 AM

12,113 posts, read 23,338,095 times
Kaladhar,

I was asking you a clarifying question based on my understanding of your post, with the full understanding that my assumption may be wrong. If you put as much effort into your original question as you did in your response to me, I don't think we would have this issue. That said, I suggest you Google universities in the Dallas area. Follow that up with conversations with folks from Admissions and International Programs to see what they have to say, find out if the university offers financial aid that is specifically directed at foreign students, etc.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Kaladhar,

I was asking you a clarifying question based on my understanding of your post, with the full understanding that my assumption may be wrong. If you put as much effort into your original question as you did in your response to me, I don't think we would have this issue. That said, I suggest you Google universities in the Dallas area. Follow that up with conversations with folks from Admissions and International Programs to see what they have to say, find out if the university offers financial aid that is specifically directed at foreign students, etc.
I guess the mistake is partially mine, Joe.. You are right I should have been more clear Thanks for the suggestions, mate!!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM

74 posts, read 238,060 times
Go with International Business or Hotel Management....the University of North Texas in Denton is just 50 miles North of Dallas....that's what I advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities