Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 PM

279 posts, read 854,981 times

Advertisements

How long does it take for a school to process transfer credits and/ or course equivalency. Its been about 2 weeks and longer and still no word on which classes got transfer over or many transfer credits i have. The school does have previous transcripts on file

Because of this, i am unable to finish registering for the fall term
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,554,386 times
Have you called the registrars office to ask them?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM

32 posts, read 48,238 times
It should not take longer than two weeks, that's quite a while to update transfer records. Call the Registrars office and complain. Heartily.

Then things should speed up.

Have you researched "u.select"?

w-w-w.transfer.org

Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 AM

131 posts, read 282,191 times
If at all possible, it would be good to walk in and respectfully request to speak with "Someone in charge". Then let them know what your issue is and tell them respectfully and with tact that their only course of action is to expedite the transfer/transcript issue on the spot. If that's not possible, then a phone call and ask to speak to someone specific. If possible that someone specific should be a manager/dept. head/director....they usually can get stuff done right away.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,310,060 times
Its a very quick process. I would ensure that each class is accounted for, dont lose credits because your new school is of higher quality. Retaking classes is a racket, so fight to get full recognition.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM

the schools is not in u.select

I spoke to numerous dept heads and they said the delay is due to them waiting for school catalogs and syllabus and other stuff.Whats odd, is these two schools are in the same CUNY network...urgh!!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,237,767 times
can you pull any of this information for them?

I had some of my early freshman year credits completed before coming in .... needed the transcript from the college, course description, syllabus, etc - had that in hand and sat down with the office person and they did it on the spot

Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,388,758 times
It really depends on the school and how they do it. Some leave it up to each department, which can take forever because they are busy with all kinds of stuff. Some have people whose job is dedicated to just doing transfer evaluations. That goes quicker. You can help things along by digging up the past syllabi and catalog descriptions and giving it to them.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,255,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azspeedbullet View Post
How long does it take for a school to process transfer credits and/ or course equivalency. Its been about 2 weeks and longer and still no word on which classes got transfer over or many transfer credits i have. The school does have previous transcripts on file

Because of this, i am unable to finish registering for the fall term
Have you attended classes at the school in the past? If you are a new transfer student, your transfer credits and course equivalencies would have been done by the time you do/did your transfer orientation, which would have been the time you sat down with your advisor and selected courses.

Anyways, how long does it generally take? That depends on the school, how/who handles that task, and how many incoming transfer students need to be processed. Really, though, it should not take longer than a few days.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:32 PM

at the time i registered for classes, my adviser looked at the transcripts and guess what classes will be transferred over. The classes he signed me up is classes i would of had to take since they are general ed courses that relate to my major

I did not attend transfer orientation, the only the school provides is regular orientation which is not till next week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities