Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:59 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,430,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Actually it does matter. It's like saying someone who was caught with a kilo of cocaine 25 years ago would be charged as the law stands today.
That's a felony/criminal law, that's completely different than contract law. The other user is correct as far as contract law, whatever the laws were on the books at the time the contract was entered into are what is upheld. Contract law is a strange, dark recess of law that makes even law students shiver, almost as badly as property law.

That being said the OP needs to clarify if he/she has a private loan or govt loan. Govt loans have no statute of limitations, private loans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 10:15 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you think she still has that paperwork after 50 years? And probably multiple relocations? Don't you think that if she had access to that paperwork, she would have looked it up by now?
I'm not going to assume that she's been irresponsible; if that's what you're asking.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 685 times
Default loans owed forever

I am on default of a loan balance of 2770 .00 from 1980 unsecured private loan to this day they have me blocked from getting any financial aid at all till its paid in full to its to low for them to consolidate and im to broke to pay it they don't care fl.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,592,630 times
What's this business about forgiveness after 25 years? I don't have the paperwork with me and it confuses the hell out of me, but my paperwork seemed to imply last time I read it that with some loans after 25 years they will be forgiven. Now, I don't know if that's a "pay the minimum on time for 25 years" or what, or if it means something else entirely. Is this a thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities