Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:23 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,831,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
Thank you for all your answers. Here are more information.

Junior is very passionate about mathematics, physics, biologie, chemistry but extremely passionate about computer science and everything computer related , networks and so on. He and his friends are great kids (A + students, IB programm, well rounded, into learning, getting a great education and sports. He does not want to work for somebody else (Ok, mine and my family's "fault", we thought him since he was much younger two very important things: be your own boss and do not marry without a prenuptial), after finishing his study, he would like to build his own independent company (with or without our help, $ , we will see).That's why business, but his main interest is computer, IT. He is in leading positions in school and in his group, he is very confident, very strong personality, takes risk, ready to work hard for his dream, diligent, hardworking.Passionate about innovation and technology,bring new services, new creations, new technologies to the world. He likes big cities.Climate not a problem, used to California, Europe too, four season.

somebody asked,why not let him make the list..here answer...

We take all decisions together as a family. In our family values, traditions and assets are passed from generation to generation.He is the only child and only grandchild. His future,his decisions is our main concern. He was raised to understand,that having a strong family behind you (not only emotional, but also financial, will help you grow and succeed). With these strong values and financial background, next generations are doing better and better. I make the list with the universities (he told me his fields, his preferences, i have the big picture), consulting grandparents too, valuate everybody's opinion and appreciate each of your answers and yes, calculating the dollars (visiting so many universities is a money and time issue too, hotels ,flights and so on,he has no time to manage everything, he has to learn for international baccalaureate program and that is why i am here..i prepare everything). Junior has the final word, approves the list to visit,remove or add universities or keep the list i made without changing it. He has the freedom, after visiting the universities, pick the favorite ones to apply. He already made a decision (and my american husband is sooo happy), between Europe and America. I would have preferred study in Europe. But he is free to decide and i support his decision, excited to discover american universities.
Thanks!

Given the interest in computer science + tech start ups + elite schools - plus a little chem thrown in - I would say you should look at MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech, Georgia Tech, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, off the top of my head. Honestly MIT and Stanford were the first two to come to mind because both are big on entrepenurship for techies. Harvard is trying to catch up to MIT in that regard.

If you are willing to loosen up on the prestige level just a tad (still very good schools) you should look at RIT, Carnegie Mellon, etc.

On the liberal arts side I think Oberlin of all places has a strong entrepreneurial push going on.

I'll think about it a little more and come back with more suggestions! I'm sure I missed some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities