Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM

37 posts, read 92,219 times

Advertisements

I have looked exstensivly on line and at local cultural centers to see if there is any not necessarily buddhist and/or hindu convert meet-up groups but rather people in CS who classify themselves not as Christians, Pagen's or the like but rather as being 'spiritual' people. i am seeking those in the CS area whom have a deep interest in general Eastern philosophy and/or belief systems such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Daoism and the like . I can't seem to find any of these like minded people.. please tell me that there are other people in Colorado Springs/CS who are interested in buddhism and/or hinduism and where & when do they meet? It does not help my (seemingly aimless) search for like-minded friends given the fact that I am not of Indian nor Asian heritage at all but that really doesn't make a difference to me, it shouldn't if we're both passionate about the same things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Try this one: tsling.org - Thubten Shedrup Ling

Denver would have much more.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
There is a Buddhist Temple nearby in Falcon, CO. I don't know anything about it, but Ipass by it everyday on the way to work.

Wat Santidhamma Temple - Colorado Springs, CO - Buddhist Temples and Public Shrines on Waymarking.com

Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Well, I'm a mix of Thai Buddhist and Christian, but I have not been here long enough to know of any organized groups or temples related to Buddhism.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 9,587 times
I attend a sangha on Saturday's from 6:30 - 8:30 which is primarily led by Ajahn Thanasanti who is a Buddhist Nun. It's held on the west side. I know there are more groups in town as well. Here's a couple of links:

Awakening Truth
[url=http://awakeningtruth.org/]Awakening Truth[/url]

Rocky Mountain Insight
[url=http://www.rockymountaininsight.org/]Rocky Mountain Insight - Home[/url]

Bodhi Mind Center:
[url]http://www.bodhimindcenter.org/[/url]

Hope this helps!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Default Any Buddhists here?

If so, have you ever been out to the Thai Buddhist temple out Woodmen in Falcon. Any comments about how welcoming they are?

Thanks

Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 AM

598 posts, read 1,546,793 times
Try the Buddhist Chapel at the Air Force Academy...a very diverse group and open to the public.
Thursday @ 6:20pm
Sunday @ 10am

Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,150 times
Default Shakti Vihara hermitage in Colorado Springs

Shakti Vihara is the name of a hermitage that one Buddhist nun, called Amma Thanasanti Bhikkhuni lives at. She has meditation groups Saturdays from 4- 6 PM and conducts full moon vigils-meditating, offering precepts for those who are so inspired to affirm them. The highlight of the full moon vigil is going for a 2 hour walk in the Garden of the Gods. She also teaches classes and has retreats. Look at the calender part of her website [url=http://www.awakeningtruth.org]Awakening Truth - Home[/url] for more details about her and what she offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs