Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 PM

648 posts, read 2,941,869 times

Advertisements

I agree w/ you Carrera32. I have had a few deals myself where I helped them find a rental and then down the road they used me to buy their house. Depends on the agent I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 07:05 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,295,017 times
It's nothing new. My approach to this problem a few years ago was to look up the property owners in the El Paso County Tax Assessor's database, and send them a letter detailing how their agent failed to respond to my inquiry. No seller wants to hear that his agent is letting potential buyers pass on by. I'd like to think I helped get a couple of sales contracts cancelled for that sort of nonperformance.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
Seems like the realtors may be missing out on opportunities down the road by passing on the renters. Had we not been able to find a house to buy on short notice when we came into town on our house hunting trip, we would have had to rent (as the sale on our house in VA was about a month away at that point). Our realtor knew that and was prepared to help us find a rental, knowing full well that we'd be back in the market to buy as soon as possible, and she'd eventually get that sales commission.
Exactly. If we have to rent it will only be until we find the right place to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
It's nothing new. My approach to this problem a few years ago was to look up the property owners in the El Paso County Tax Assessor's database, and send them a letter detailing how their agent failed to respond to my inquiry. No seller wants to hear that his agent is letting potential buyers pass on by. I'd like to think I helped get a couple of sales contracts cancelled for that sort of nonperformance.
I like your style Bob.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 08-31-2013, 12:50 AM

42 posts, read 58,869 times
This is an old post but still seem relevant. I contacted an agent I think through PPAR and I wrote her back 3 times on what I wanted, and I got crickets! However I do see the same thing in Florida. They seem to screen all contacts for cash falling out of their pockets and ignore the rest. Maybe its because I am old, I remember back when sales people would try to sell you something. They would call back and follow up to see if your still looking or they found something you might be interested in. I really would like to go after a foreclosure because you might get a good deal. But seems there is no way to do that over the Internet. AARGG!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Well, welcome to the mystical experience found in Colorado Springs.

If you find carpenters, cement guys, massage therapists, roofers, hair dressers that return
your calls please let me know.

And if the Gazette (newspaper) or Infinity (Cable TV here) ever listen to a
request let me know....it's like getting the PO to stop your mail...or
a solicitor to not knock on the "No Soliciting" sign on the door.

A local phenomenon.....there is a Vortex here of some kind....it's where the Mexican Siesta
and the Sedona Vortex had a baby.

Ask any new person from the East Coast or Chicago....

The car accidents in broad daylight...all part of the mystique.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:05 AM

42 posts, read 58,869 times
Thats funny! I think its a national epidemic. i think of it more like cherry picking the easy work. Do what ever is easy and get out quick. i met a guy who painted houses. He would not do prep work. So if you didn't tape off and paper anything, your windows and doors got painted!
He was a painter not a preper! Goofiest thing I ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs