Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 AM

116 posts, read 429,562 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Colorado. I find that all types of people exist everywhere, this is America not Iran.

Colorado is extremely diverse due to the tourist population that comes in at certain times of year, plus you are likely to go to tourist places a lot when you are new to the area.

No big cities are really completely full of close minded people, most large cities these days are very diverse. Even when some people say a city is very conservative or very liberal, it's often just a few percentage swayed in one way or another, unless you are talking about EXTREME cities like San Francisco or Salt Lake City, two cities on opposite sides of extremes.

Denver is pretty split, and Colorado Springs is more conservative, but that's mostly due to the military presence.

For me, I really just do not personally care that much what someone else believes, as long as they stay out of my business (which I don't see any reason they wouldn't).

Every place will have the type of people that are NOT independant thinkers that just follow what someone else tells them (whether it be a pastor, a friend, a spouse, etc...), and every place will have independant thinkers.

When someone has to overly identify themselves as conservative or liberal, that is usually the sign of someone rooting for a football game and not really even thinking for themselves, since I personally think both sides are full of it.

I personally find that many places in Colorado have extra friendly people, but who knows, it's not an easy thing to quantify really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 AM

4 posts, read 5,638 times
Very well put StuckInTexas, I've been thinkng of moving to Co. for some time now but I'm Stuck in Tenn. and the town I live in really sucks! I've been to 21 states and Mexico and for some reason (medical) I have decided on Co., maybe because I hate hot weather, in alot of pain and can't get no help from the money loving doctors here, family have very little if nothing to do with me, don't like to talk about people but this town is full of a bunch of church going hypocrites (go to church on Sunday and curse you out on Monday), could go on but anyway thanks for saying what I was thinking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs