Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times

Advertisements

Are there Goodwill stores in CS? I'm fairly certain there would be, but I've noticed there is a distinction in quality between stores. Clearly it'll be populated by poor people and people with various disabilities. That's fine with me, I'm happy to be supporting an organization that finds ways for people to work instead of being disabled. More power to the store, and to the individual for making it work.

I'm curious because I've taken to doing 80% of my clothes shopping at Good Will. Around here there are lots of people getting rich off the government cheese. We have a huge federal subsidy to promote a unionized organization that pays drastically higher than market packages. The result is several people with more money than they know how to spend donating some very nice clothes to the Good Will because they are tired of them. Can you still find nice things in Good Will in a mid size city?

For anyone who has shopped there, how is finding Docker's pants? My preferred brand and I regularly get them in great shape for 1-2 bucks here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
Yes, there are 3. One off Constitution, on the East side of Powers. It's tucked in behind a 7-11, I think.

And there's a large Goodwill off South Circle, as you head toward I-25 and the Broadmoor area. Oh...and there's another up N. Academy...on the West side of Academy....Kelly Johnson Blvd.

Don't know about the availability of the particular brands you asked about...they have a bit of everything there.

There are also ARC Thrift stores in town as well...and a Salvation Army store off Tutt Blvd. They can be gold mines if you hit them regularly.

I have a friend who hits all of them on a weekly basis...he's purchased leather jackets, boots, shoes, even guitars....and folks don't often know the value of the things they've donated.

He then puts them on e-bay and can often turn a huge profit for something he only paid a few bucks for. It's amazing.

I donate unwanted items to Goodwill to get rid of unwanted clutter and for the charitable tax deduction.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
I also donate to GW if I don't think I can get much for it online. Saves me the work of listing. I use standardized deductions, but I'd rather give to GW than dump things because I'm glad they are working in the economy.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 AM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
I believe there's a Goodwill on Colorado Avenue in Old Colorado City too.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
There's also a GW in Security/Fountain. I've found some great stuff there - but it does take some patience sorting through.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I think there's still one in Woodland Park. I used to get great stuff there, especially kid toys when mine were young. It was a goldmine of fabulous stuff. Here in Oro Valley, AZ, we have a brand new one that is loaded with cast offs from the rich or "over stuffed", and it's amazing. Brand new things, practically. Did a lot of Christmas shopping there...but don't tell my sister; she's a snob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs