Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM

5 posts, read 22,897 times

Advertisements

hey mike
is there a recreation center for the pine creek sub? or is the YMCA what they use. Is there a neighborhood pool like i see some of the areas have??
thanks mike
lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
I don't think Pine Creek has a pool. I think Wolf Ranch and Flying Horse do. Not sure about Cordera. THe outdoor swim season is pretty short. The YMCA in Briargate is fantastic as is the new Tri Lakes YMCA. Free wireless at the Tri Lakes YMCA too.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Hey Lucy in Key Largo, I think Charles beat me to it. I know of no pools in Pine Creek, unless there's one at the golf club, but I doubt it, as Charles said, the outdoor season here is very short. There are pools at the Y's, but I don't know of any public rec center around here. Bally Fitness and a few other full service gyms have pools.

The Club at Flying Hor$e has a pool. This is 5 minutes north of Pine Creek see: Flying Horse Colorado.

The city has 5 outdoor pools for summer only, and 2 indoor pools, nothing near Pine Creek, see: City of Colorado Springs - Topic Pages

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM

5 posts, read 22,897 times
thank you charles and mike back east, if i move there, im looking you up!
thanks
lucy

Old 07-21-2008, 12:09 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,181,500 times
Any ideas where to swim in a non-pool (but still safe and legal) body of water. I've heard of memorial park which I think allows swimming in their lake, but I was hoping to find something closer to my Home in Palmer lake. Apparently all of the tri-lakes are still closed for swimming, although PL does have a master plan to allow for a simming area someday.

And where do I go for a good 'fun in the sun' summer day weekend including swimming, kayaking and maybe sailing. i don't mind driving a ways for that, but would prefer to avoid huge crowds.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM

12 posts, read 42,122 times
Key Largo-
There is a great club that opened very close to Pine Creek - it is called Villa Sport - outdoor pools as well as indoor pools - very nice.

Pine Creek has a private splash park for the kids

Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 PM

I am relatively new to Pine Creek and it is wonderful - people, location, schools. It is great!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,627 times
Default Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Florida View Post
Mike Is Pine Creek or Rampart a better High School

Does Mnumnet have better schools ?
I can't stand D-20. They think they are wonderful, but they don't care about kids. It is the total opposite of what they say. My child has been taken out of D-20 completely! Timberview is the worst middle school in Colorado Springs.

Lewis Palmer schools were fantastic. I know from having my child there through grade school.

D-11 has the best middle school which is Jenkins, but it is very close to this zipcode. You owe it to your child to send them there & stay away from Timberview.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 PM

My kids go to Pine Creek - it is wonderful! I have no complaints and there seems to be a very nice group of kids that go there. The teachers are very good and caring, too. For sports, they are about average.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Here's a link to a useful little tool showing school performance for the region mentioned in the last couple of posts:

Colorado School Performance Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs