Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

Aw. Looks like the Manitou fireworks are cancelled, too.

I like fireworks. I like them just enough to say, "Aw." And then move on with my life, because I do totally get it. We don't want more stuff catching on fire.

Actually my bigger regret is that I haven't managed to fund and plan a trip out to Cincinnati for their Labor Day fireworks in many years, since they are bigger and better than literally any display I've ever seen anywhere, to include the 4th in Washington DC.

But you know. It's life. Aw. Oh well. *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 10:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Default Skysox Stadium Fireworks Still Planned

I emailed the Skysox and just got this email from the Skysox Front Office:
"At this point everything is still on. They have the possibility of changing the bans at any time."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,211 times
Thunder over Louisville is bigger than the WEBN show and you don't have to go to cincy!

Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM

I've been to a few fireworks shows over the years but these days I'll either sit by the side of the road with a view of the USAF Academy show (when they have them) or we just stay home and watch them on the TV. Those of you who've heard my spiels before know that I like being 6 steps from an ice cold $1.25 beer, 12 steps from a clean nice-smelling restroom with no line, free parking in my own garage, no traffic, no bugs and instant replay on the big screen TV.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Thunder over Louisville is bigger than the WEBN show and you don't have to go to cincy!
Hey really?? That's interesting. I've been wanting to schedule a partial overnight at Waverly, maybe one day I'll coordinate that stuff for a Louisville trip...I've only been there once, when the Sounds of the Underground fest hit Waverly Hills and it seemed too good to pass up....a GWAR show and a haunted sanitorium tour? Sign me up...

Thanks for the tip!

Well anyways, just because they called off the fireworks...I might still go to Manitou for that buffalo BBQ unless they call that off, too...

I dunno. We'll figure out something. At least it's a day off regardless. I can't complain about that!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I've been to a few fireworks shows over the years but these days I'll either sit by the side of the road with a view of the USAF Academy show (when they have them) or we just stay home and watch them on the TV. Those of you who've heard my spiels before know that I like being 6 steps from an ice cold $1.25 beer, 12 steps from a clean nice-smelling restroom with no line, free parking in my own garage, no traffic, no bugs and instant replay on the big screen TV.
Couldn't agree more, Mike!

I live close enough to Sky Sox stadium that I have a fantastic view of fireworks from my back deck.
My choice of music, frig full of beer, my own bathroom, and pants are optional!

Old 07-02-2013, 12:24 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,964 times
Default And it is back, Symphony and Fireworks at Memorial Park

Looks like the recent cooler wetter weather made a difference

Philharmonic fireworks show back on | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 07-02-2013, 01:36 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,600,959 times
I'm excited about it too!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
I will say that is good news.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySkiesAbove View Post
Looks like the recent cooler wetter weather made a difference

Philharmonic fireworks show back on | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |
Thanks for that news.

Also, Skysox added a THIRD fireworks show, so you can choose from either 4, 5, or 6 July to see the show at the ballpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs