Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM

41 posts, read 123,207 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me what provider seems to work well in all areas her in the springs and or dever area as we go to breckenridge alot

tmobile dont seem to get very good service here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,375 times
I have Verizon and reception in the Springs/Denver had never been a problem for me.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM

140 posts, read 440,944 times
I have Verizon as well which works good for the most part... However their Customer Service is terrible!!

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

76 posts, read 293,056 times
We had TMobile until just recently and got good reception everywhere with the exception of a few spots in Black Forest. Switched to AT&T so husband could get an iPhone and have had great service, but haven't been up in those areas we couldn't get service in BF yet so I can't comment. Most carriers have at least few problems spots in the more mountainous/treed areas.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM

132 posts, read 673,640 times
You might want to check out http://www.cellreception.com. Enter Zip Codes and read the comments from other users.

I have Verizon Wireless out here in Peyton and get good reception because I have a clear line to their tower in Calhan. When I go on trips out west, Verizon has been very good and now that AllTel has been borged by Verizon, coverage in the west should be very good now (or soon).

Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,886,868 times
Wife and I have Verizon Wireless, best provider IMO.

Never have issues at Breck or Keystone. Use it all the time while skiing!

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/we...colorados.html

Quote:
12/03/2004

DENVER, CO — In a continuing effort to provide the best wireless service in the Colorado High Country, Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, has expanded its network with new cell sites and antennas.

As a result of the new cell sites, network coverage and capacity have been improved in the following Colorado ski destinations:

-Frisco
-Breckenridge
-Purgatory

The new cell sites are part of Verizon Wireless’ aggressive multi-billion dollar network investment each year to stay ahead of the growing demand in Colorado for the company’s voice and data services, such as TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging, National Access wireless Internet access and Get It Now® ring tones, games, productivity applications and more.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,123,426 times
Also a Verizon subscriber. No issues.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 PM

140 posts, read 440,944 times
Does anyone know where you can get the pay as you go cell phones without contracts, etc? You know to have in the car just for emergencies?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 PM

132 posts, read 673,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS-Urbanist View Post
Does anyone know where you can get the pay as you go cell phones without contracts, etc? You know to have in the car just for emergencies?
I have been very pleased with Verizon Wireless, so when I wanted to get another phone for light usage, I went with the TracFone LG 3280 cell phone. I just got it today in fact. Other than having to enter 107 digits into the phone to activate it , it is working just great! 5 bars, and it sounds as good, if not better than my Motorola E815 on Verizon's network. It's a CDMA phone and will connect to a Verzion Wireless tower.

Of course, TracFone would like you use the GSM since it costs them less, but I like Verzion Wireless for most of my travels, so I had to find a Zip Code that would give me a CDMA phone. That Zip was 80997 (Colorado Springs). This gave me a nice promotion for the LG 3280 with Double Minutes For Life, and your billing address can be your true address. No problem there. I also used Promotional Code 23444 to get another $3.00 off. So far, I'm quite with happy with it. No monthly contract. Buy minutes as necessary and still have my Verizon access. Almost criminal in a way

The FCC has a rule that says that:
Quote:
Basic 911 rules require wireless service providers to:
  • transmit all 911 calls to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), regardless of whether the caller subscribes to the provider’s service or not.
This means that any cell phone you have, assuming it is signal compatible with the tower, will work with 911. Don't need a subscription for that.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS-Urbanist View Post
Used GSM Phones (sim chip): Ebay for one. There is also a place at the SW corner of Austin Bluffs and Academy that sells used cell phones. Used unlocked phones are very inexpensive.

With the used phone go to a service provider booth and get a sim chip to put in the phone - or get a chip used. Most providers pay as you go services have the minutes expire after a set period of time. The best deal I've found for cost and time is with t-mobile ($100 for 1000 minutes that don't expire for 1 year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs