Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 PM

7 posts, read 7,054 times

Advertisements

Hi I was wondering does anyone know about the signs on the street that is place around Colorado Springs area that say, HIRING 500$/Week Call etc.

I went to one of their "Presentation" located at the Holiday Inn express, they said that their office cannot handle the amount of people their trying to interview. Throughout the Slideshow we were shown video about being hardworking and people reviews about the company. Then they briefly explain what position they are looking for and it's going to be a sales thing but it won't be commission base. I couldn't find any reason to distrust them but I couldn't find any reason either to trust them.

Just wondering if this is a scam or if anyone else had some information on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,908,526 times
It's more than likely a MLM scam. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:16 PM

darn! I just move to Colorado Springs to go for college since the living cost is cheap. I'm trying hard to find a job that would farther my profession in tech related field but I'm coming up short. Tried Call center I pass the tech side of the test but it seem I don't make a good costumer service rep, hahaha. At this point I would take anything so I'm going back in tomorrow and seeing if they are "truly" running a scam if so I wasted about 5 hrs of my time in total. I think it's worth the risk seeing as nothing else turn up.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:33 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,681,188 times
Can you look around on-line and find out some more about this company? Check them out through Better Business Bureau?

I would be hesitant based on (1) they are advertising through "signs on the street", and (2) they are interviewing at a motel rather than their office.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:47 AM

573 posts, read 1,452,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Can you look around on-line and find out some more about this company? Check them out through Better Business Bureau?

I would be hesitant based on (1) they are advertising through "signs on the street", and (2) they are interviewing at a motel rather than their office.
I am with you on this one---too many red flags!!

Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 AM

208 posts, read 305,763 times
Sounds like you should also consider this while you are at it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_sc...uth_Africa.jpg

(just kidding -- but this job sounds way too fishy. Don't walk away, run away)

Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,863,098 times
It's an obvious scam ... listen to everyone.

Instead, sign up with a bunch of temp agencies - that will be time better spent. You might also want to get to the Pikes Peak Workforce center; once you're signed on with them, you can take advantage of this website:

Colorado Workforce

Old 09-16-2015, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the great helpful advice everyone, I went and it found out their legit and had a office. Though I got a job offer from bestbuy so I'm going to do that instead because what they wanted me to do was door to door sales. Even though they pay 2k a month it's still 6 days work and I be basically working for less then 8$ and hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs