Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:40 AM

89 posts, read 143,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
I'm curious why you feel the need to post this. Are you trying to be antagonizing...?
So I DID offend you. Good. That was my intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
According to the City-Data data page for COS, 66% of the population says they have no religious affiliation. //www.city-data.com/city/Colora...-Colorado.html

The City has also voted overwhelmingly Republican in the last 5 elections.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:12 AM

6,822 posts, read 10,512,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
According to the City-Data data page for COS, 66% of the population says they have no religious affiliation. //www.city-data.com/city/Colora...-Colorado.html

The City has also voted overwhelmingly Republican in the last 5 elections.
As of November according to state of Colorado data, El Paso County has about 69,000 registered Democrats, 3,300 Libertarians, 143,500 Republicans, and 114,000 Unaffiliated active voters. This data is nearly a mirror image of Denver County - for that county, keep the unaffiliated and Libertarian the same and swap the R and D numbers. In the last presidential election, the county vote for president was 60/40 Romney/Obama. That is definitely an R win for any votes that are limited to El Paso County, but with El Paso County being the most populous county in the state, those 130,000 or so Democratic votes contributing to the state total makes El Paso's contribution to democratic wins in elections that are not limited to county borders quite significant.

In other words, the city does have a large number of people who tend to vote Democrat and their votes are significant in the outcome of where Colorado's Presidential electoral votes go, and contribute to Colorado being decidedly purple in that type of race. In local races, R wins most of the time - almost exclusively in races that put the county or city as a whole, but there are "D" pockets in state level races for representatives within the county. For the past few decades, the ratio of Republican to Democrat votes in El Paso County has continually decreased - although Democrats are not likely to become a majority any time soon if ever, their voter 'pull' overall has been steadily increasing over time in the county.

Last edited by otowi; 01-04-2016 at 06:22 AM..

Old 01-05-2016, 10:07 AM

10,208 posts, read 17,862,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTurgidson View Post
So I DID offend you. Good. That was my intent.
alliance didn't seem offended to me, just baffled as to why anyone would be intentionally offensive. How sad your life must be if you purposefully go out of your way to upset people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs