Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 03:42 PM

730 posts, read 772,153 times

Advertisements

I saw that another poster in the denver forum just bought a house and was thanking the Denver people. So I wanted to come here and thank everyone who has contributed to my many post and to those who offered suggestions and advice.
We feel very ready for this move. We closed on our house in Gleneagle today. We are officially home owners in Colorado Springs.
We plan on completing some renovations over the next month and moving in during Feb.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

And anyone thinking of moving here, please ask the questions you want and you have. The folks here help the best they can so you can make an informed decision about the area and the neighborhoods.

See you all in 2016!

Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 03:45 PM

6,829 posts, read 10,548,183 times
Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2015, 03:57 PM

753 posts, read 1,107,375 times
Congratulations, and welcome to Colorado!

Old 12-25-2015, 05:35 AM

37 posts, read 51,020 times
Hubby and I are planning to move from Texas to Colorado Springs to be closer to family. I'm still doing my due diligence and asking my nieces questions about the place. So far, it sounds wonderful. The only thing left to do is go for a visit. We're thinking the downtown area, we're retired and very active. Noticed there are a lot of gyms, libraries and a Trader Joes as well as a Sprouts! So excited. We'll be visiting in late spring, early summer. Anything we should really focus in on? I understand, according to my niece that the city of Colorado Springs is very 'walkable', which is good. She also says that the city is very 'live and let live' in its attitude, those are very good things. One quick question, coming from California, I remember a restaurant called the Elephant Bar? Do they have one in 'The Springs', as it's called, and if so, is the food good? I sort of miss it. Thanks so much! Shalom!

Old 12-25-2015, 07:26 AM

6,829 posts, read 10,548,183 times
Shalom! There is one Elephant Bar, on North Academy. Downtown is relatively walkable, but some areas of town are less so. I entirely concur about this being a live and let live city. Our library system is pretty awesome. Sounds like you already have some idea of what interests you - you might look up addresses of those stores that interested you and check out surrounding neighborhoods when you come. Also, watch weather forecasts near your travel time.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:40 AM

26,242 posts, read 49,140,136 times
Thank you Jenn, all the best to you guys at Christmas and for 2016 in that new house....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:14 PM

7,529 posts, read 13,667,681 times
For those coming to CO in the winter from warmer climates like TX, NM, SoCal, etc be sure to "winterize" your vehicles before leaving.

Check the coolant/antifreeze mix ( 50/50), proper "weight" of engine oil(10w-30, etc), windshield wiper fluid antifreeze, snow brush, ice scraper, adequate tires.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:36 PM

Thanks reed! Great points. Does anyone know what you do with your pipes when it gets below freezing? We drip them here in NM so they don't burst. Do you do that there and how many do you drip?

Old 12-25-2015, 04:57 PM

753 posts, read 1,107,375 times
By "pipes" do you mean indoor plumbing? You either need to leave the heat on, or have the water turned off, pipes drained, and antifreeze in the drains. If you are only going to be gone for a week or two at a time, or will have people working in the house or someone checking the property regularly, leave the heat on. You can get a pro to "winterize" the plumbing if you need to do that instead.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:11 PM

I mean if you are living there and it gets below freezing. Do you not have to drip pipes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs