Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 02:14 AM

235 posts, read 355,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Manitou mailing address' can include Crystal Hills, Crystal Park, Cedar Heights, and residential areas just outside Garden of the Gods. Not all are in close proximity to tourists or the incline.

That's why I asked what it is about Manitou the OP wants to have. There are a number of amenities that Manitou has that can be found elsewhere.
You are correct. Areas like Crystal Hills, Crystal Park, and Cedar Heights are insulated from the crowds. But the OP also asked about " relatively affordable pricing on rentals" and she sure as hell won't find that in those neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
I wasn't specifically addressing the OP's request but was pointing out that Manitou is much bigger than stacks of Victorian houses on in the main valley. Rentals that will be found in the main Manitou area not going to be cheap either, although certainly less than any of the latest areas I posted, which is why I asked what specifically about Manitou drives the desire of the OP to live there so we can suggest suitable alternatives.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:39 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
bring plenty of money

Old 05-15-2017, 03:05 PM

812 posts, read 1,470,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Just a suggestion:

You might focus on Old Colorado City instead of Manitou Springs. It's the neighborhood right next door, very accessible to parks and trails (Red Rock Canyon, Bear Creek Park), and it's got a funky downtown area with similar shops and restaurants to those in Manitou. But, it's more resident-oriented and less touristy. Manitou doesn't have a grocery store, for instance, so you'll find yourself having to drive to OCC every time you want to get food anyway. If you live in Manitou you'll also have to deal with the tourist traffic every time you want to go anywhere else (e.g., work).
I echo this suggestion. I think Manitou should be the SECOND place you move in the Colorado Springs area, after you've been here awhile and convinced yourself it is indeed where you want to be. Manitou has several big positives (depending on one's perspective) and several significant negatives (also depending on your perspective). The only way to work out those positives and negatives is to spend time there and decide for yourself. You could move there and figure them out but as others have said there aren't very many rentals. You could rely on online feedback to make your decision but that's not really optimal either. Old Colorado City and it's extended environment has a lot of rental options, from old to new, and a very similar kitschy tourist feel along it's main street as Manitou (NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!). I for one certainly prefer kitsch to endless chain-store suburban sprawl, any day of the week.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:57 PM

5 posts, read 4,075 times
Thank you everybody that responded to my post, I have actually been looking at Old Colorado City now thanks to all of yall's suggestions. I think that might be more reasonable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs