Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 06:10 PM

545 posts, read 395,992 times

Advertisements

Just checking in with other posters. Is it my imagination or is the inventory of homes for sale way up this month compared to Jan. - April? Is this the seasonal thing perhaps, lots of people putting homes on the market in May? Just thinking that if we want to relocate to the area and come out on a house hunting trip, maybe May is the time to come out? Any thoughts on that? This is the first time this year that I have seen multiple properties that look good on paper, are in our price range, and aren't already in a pending sale state a week or two after being listed. The first four months of the year seemed to have pretty slim pickings, and the properties I liked were snatched up really quickly. Now it looks like some sellers seeing that trend priced their homes higher than they should have and are even reducing asking prices (not bargain basement or anything), but maybe hopeful pricing based on assumptions of very limited supply were looking unrealistic. // Anyway, what I am seeing makes it look a whole lot more feasible to relocate than what I was seeing the first four months of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,528,599 times
There is definitely a bit seasonal uptick each summer in home inventory.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:52 PM

1,020 posts, read 809,726 times
Anecdotally speaking, I've seen an increase in the last few weeks in my old 'hood. I doubt it's your imagination, as that would be normal every year, as Summer is considered prime buying time.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:02 PM

17,714 posts, read 29,844,231 times
Default Data are your friends

https://ppar.com/MarketTrends.aspx
Lots of data

Old 05-14-2017, 05:44 AM

7,192 posts, read 9,329,700 times
If you want to sell, the best month to list is March.

However, there is just one house listed in my neighborhood. Although the houses are about 25 years old, most still have the original owners and although their kids have flown the nest, they still won't sell.

The problem for us retirees is that the hassle of downsizing and moving just gets us a smaller, newer house on a tiny lot that costs just as much as the big house we're selling. So what's the point?

Old 05-14-2017, 11:29 AM

830 posts, read 745,048 times
People moving before/after school year I assume.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:16 PM

545 posts, read 395,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
The problem for us retirees is that the hassle of downsizing and moving just gets us a smaller, newer house on a tiny lot that costs just as much as the big house we're selling. So what's the point?
I can totally understand what you are talking about Vision67. When looking at homes in COS to get the amenities we want: move in ready, nice finished basement area, open floor plan, and fireplace, homes we are seeing are giving us an extra bedroom or two in the basement and an extra bathroom too. I haven't seen anything less than four bedrooms, three baths, and would actually prefer three bedrooms/two baths. Guess the extra bedroom or bedrooms if we buy will simply be a very nice storage room vs. unfinished area. I'd love a three car garage, though, and some have that.

And the new construction stuff once you add in all the little upgrades is just as much if nor more cost wise than existing homes and seem a little more cookie cutter in our price range with a seemingly to us huge master bedrooms on steroids that to us is wasted space and more to clean. lol

One thing nice though for retirees is that there are tons of ranches. Hopefully we wouldn't need that for decades to come, but when you are in your 50s and 60s and buying it seem like it would probably we a really good idea to have a master bedroom on the main floor just in case someone ends up having some mobility issues in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs