Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 01:54 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

PS...north of Fillmore on the west side of Nevada...it appears as if homeless hang out, phet....but, what we see are
residents of the Comcor, Inc Residential facility ..the unattracive motels there, getting their lives together.
3808 N. Nevada.

https://www.westword.com/news/comcor...ations-8484446

Not quite what I'd call getting their lives together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 03:06 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,399,409 times
In my dreams, there would be a small grocery at that site. Something like an Aldi's or Sprouts. For those times when us 80907 folks don't want to drive all the way to TJ or Costco.The Safeway at the Bon is the pits IMO.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:43 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
There used to be a grocery store there. The seasonal area that K-Mart used was the grocery store. It was not any major chain but was some off the wall discount store. It was slightly frightening. An Aldi would be cool.

The Vasa Fitness that will be moving in also has a site on Cheyenne Mtn Blvd. Basketball, racquetball, free weights, cycling, cross-training, cardio, pool, child care capability, and even a movie room with workout equipment. This is an interesting addition to have in the area since 24 Hr Fitness left the area for points south, north, and east.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
There used to be a grocery store there. The seasonal area that K-Mart used was the grocery store. It was not any major chain but was some off the wall discount store.
It was slightly frightening.
LOL, yes it was...good description!

Old 12-15-2018, 07:12 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
Not exactly in the best part of town.
With the university shopping center a few blocks away, and old north end and penrose hospital, I'd say things are looking up.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,358,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://gazette.com/premium/lights-c...e8de249b9.html

"Call it a movie theater that serves food or a restaurant that shows films.

Either way, an Arizona company plans to bring one of the entertainment industry’s hottest concepts to Colorado Springs next year when it opens the city’s first dine-in movie theater in a shuttered Kmart northwest of Fillmore Street and Nevada Avenue.

RoadHouse Cinemas, which has similar venues in Scottsdale and Tucson, plans to remodel a portion of the old Kmart to accommodate a 12-screen complex where moviegoers can order burgers, pizzas, tacos, sandwiches, pretzels, cocktails and desserts from their luxury recliners. The food and drink — ordered before the movie starts or even as the film runs — is served to them while they watch first-run hits and throwback classics."

"RoadHouse expects to invest $7 million to $7.5 million to remodel about 45,000 square feet of the 104,000-square-foot Kmart store, Cassell said. The theaters would occupy 35,000 square feet, and the Rail Yard would cover another 10,000. Together they’ll employ about 150 full- and part-time people, he said.

The company is targeting a fall 2019 opening, he said."

Interesting concept. You relax in the recliner and they bring you food and drinks to enjoy while you veg out and watch a movie.

I bet it will be more popular than the new gym also planned for this site

"Utah-based Vasa Fitness, which opened its first Springs location this year in a former Albertsons store on the south side, plans to take the rest of the Kmart building for a 60,000-square-foot fitness center, Egan said."

WOW, how far behind the times is Colorado!? Alamo Drafthouse out of Austin and Studio Movie Grille out of Dallas are Restaurant cinemas that have been around literally decades and expanded across several states. Alamo even opened in Brooklyn about two years ago.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:51 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
WOW, how far behind the times is Colorado!? Alamo Drafthouse out of Austin and Studio Movie Grille out of Dallas are Restaurant cinemas that have been around literally decades and expanded across several states. Alamo even opened in Brooklyn about two years ago.

Pretty far out of touch considering we had one of these back in 1985. It came to town, existed for a while, then we moved on to new things. Like many things in life, it looks like it has come back around. I'd have to ask why did it take Alamo Draft House another 12 years after us to figure it out?

Last edited by TCHP; 12-15-2018 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling

Old 12-15-2018, 02:00 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Pretty far out of touch considering we had one of these back in 1985. It came to town, existed for a while, then we moved on to new things. Like many things in life, it looks like it has come back around. I'd have to ask why did it take Alamo Draft House another 12 years after us to figure it out?
The Alamo sounds awesome- they kicked out a texter and she left a hilarious voice mail that you can hear by clicking a link on the NYT article below.

This is the exact reason I quit going to movies at least 10 years ago- no matter how many warnings they put up on the screen about turning off your cell phones there is ALWAYS one jerk who will ruin it for everybody.

You will love this: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/24/b...ia/24adco.html

Last edited by LHS79; 12-15-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 12-16-2018, 04:58 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
With the university shopping center a few blocks away, and old north end and penrose hospital, I'd say things are looking up.
Oh, and I forgot about Colo Univ at Colo Springs just up the hill on Austin Bluffs. I think the location is great!!!! The great movie theatres are way east or north from me. I was just wishing we had a theatre closer. To me and others, I'd say it's a great location.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
The Safeway at the Bon is the pits IMO.
No joke. I like the people there- unfortunately they are planning to put in the automated kiosks- at least that's in the works, but according to the checker I spoke with, it just ends with people losing their jobs/hours, as while the automated kiosks sound great, it is not any faster than a regular checkout.

That's my "oh crap I forgot something" grocery store. Otherwise it's the KS on Fillmore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs