Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,230 times

Advertisements

Are you still a teacher at Coronado? If so, could you email me at pfaarl@comcast.net. My son is interested in engineering fields and also needs support in writing... thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Yes, I'm still there, but I'd suggest you contact our engineering teachers and English teachers or administrators and counselors for the best information.
The desk phone is 719 328 3600, website is : Coronado High School - Home of the Cougars (http://www.d11.org/coronado/index.html - broken link)

Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 7,230 times
Hello Mike.

Thanks for your reply. My son has Aspergers but his social skills are pretty good. However, I am concerned about his academic skills. His math & science teachers here believe that he has some giftedness. He is great at grasping concepts but basic computations can boggle him down (especially in time contraints). He loves science and wishes to be an engineer. I've discovered last year that his writing skills are very weak and the school has simply given him As. The school tested him at 9th gde level but I had 2 independent evals conducted, and it accurately reflected that his writing level is more on the 5th grade. So he will have to do a lot of catching up. Just recently, his teachers admitted that he can be on level if not higher if I took him to Sylvan or hire a private tutor. Of course, I will of course work with my son but in addition to the guidance and support from his teachers. Thus, I am looking for a school environment would also want my son to be at least on level.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,190 times
Default Schools for autistic kids in Colorado Springs?

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]My son is high functioning autistic and is currently integrated in the second grade in a wonderful school Jefferson County, Shelton Elementary. However in looks as though we will be moving to the Colorado Springs area in the summer. Does anyone have any advice on the area I should be looking at?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsMom View Post
[SIZE=3]My son is high functioning autistic and is currently integrated in the second grade in a wonderful school Jefferson County, Shelton Elementary. However in looks as though we will be moving to the Colorado Springs area in the summer. Does anyone have any advice on the area I should be looking at?[/SIZE]
Mom, moved your posting to this existing thread, which should have much info in it. Also see this other thread for more...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,033 times
Default Autism and education resources

I'm new to the forums here. My brother in law is planning to relocate to COS at the end of the year. He has a son who is 8 years old and is autistic. He is asking me for help in finding school and other resources for my nephew. My nephew is nonverbal and needs a watchful eye.

I admit, I am pretty clueless about all of this. I don't even know where to begin! Are there schools that are better than others? Specific schools to look into? Other programs and resources in the area? He doesn't have much money, and that is a concern as well. The first couple of places I found by doing a Google search were private and wanted LOTS of money... I'm feeling rather discouraged and could use some advice. Any resources and links would be much appreciated! TIA!

Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
get2pointe....your post was merged into a thread that already has some info of the sort you seek, see if it answers your questions but if not then ask again.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 899 times
I have a middle school child who is a special needs that requires a 1 to 1 Aide due to nonverbal and motorskills. We are relocating to Colorado Springs in January. Any suggestions would be greatly be appriciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs