Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,894 times

Advertisements

Just thought I'd ask around what all you guys think is the best driving school in town for my son. He's pretty excited so I wan't to get im started soon. If you guys know their website that's great but if not that's cool too. Thanks Y'all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM

12 posts, read 42,129 times
I see a lot of "Master Drive" cars around my side of town (Briargate) - put don't have any personal experience with them.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:29 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,648 times
Both my kids went to Master Drive. MasterDrive :: The Premier Driver Education Company (http://www.masterdrive.com/homepage.htm - broken link) I recommend them highly. They've got a complete package: classroom training, behind-the-wheel training, and a closed course environment. You won't find a better driving school in town. I'm not sure you'll find one much better anywhere else, either.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,914,911 times
I third Master Drive.

Check out their website. I knew Ronn Langford back in the late 80s and he's the premier driving instructor in this area. His daughter was about my age back then when she was killed in a drunk driving accident. He's truthful, takes his work seriously and his employees seriously.

I helped them with the Cops vs. Kids races during the now defunct Pikes Peak Auto Festival which was before the Pikes Peak Hill Climb for a few years.

It's not cheap but you pay for it in safety with your kids (and for those of advancing age, last I saw, they do have programs for older adults needing refresher courses and to help combat slower reactions in the older population), insurance and peace of mind for parents.

I don't know if they still do it but they did contract with various police departments back then to train them as well (which is why they did the Cops vs. Kids fun runs).

Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM

9 posts, read 40,278 times
I was thinking Drive-Right. I saw it online and it seems pretty good. Anyone have experience or heard of it?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,659 times
LOL, I gonna say the same thing. I see those Master Drive cars everywhere up in Briargate.

I've even worked on a few of them at my dealership. They always have nice new cars.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,127 times
A bit late on this...sorry.

Depending upon time and money I'd also suggest you look at https://www.drivingskillsforlife.com/ and keep an eye on the schedule. I've been one of the instructors for the past three years and the show moves about the country. At this time I don't think we have anything scheduled until here in AZ some time in October. This program is not a full-on drivers ed format nor it is as comprehensive as some one-on-one formats. However it's quite in depth for the time spent and interactive with the students. It's also free. By way of getting schools, the state, parents and local agencies involved. All to help prevent teen accidents.

If you budget allows, I'd also suggest a two day Bondurant course here in AZ. Yes it's not cheap and yes if you come in the summer it's hot. But the more in depth teaching and student/instructor ratio is more favorable for what you pay. And fwiw, yes I worked there for a number of years and can say that those programs are invaluable for young and older driver.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,914,911 times
Sorry Todd But Master Drive is the best in the whole state. I've worked with them and they gave me skills I never had. I dated one of their instructors and I am not biased, they are that good. If you can train CSP (Colorado State Patrol) you are that good.

BTW, Ryan Their offices are up on Woodmen and just east of Lexington.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,659 times
Hey Todd where have you been? Was sad you didn't race the hill climb this year.

Probably a good thing though, people were off the road everywhere.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:51 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,127 times
Don't know them so I can't comment. Seem to get ringing endorsements. I'm just offering further input. Being 'in town' criteria makes it tough, but for anyone willing to travel a bit there are a number of very well qualified programs.

Chose to sit out the hill this year. I did not enter early simply because we didn't have a small bore class as of about June 1st. I'd have been forced to run the V6 in Open Wheel again and I just can't see the value in it. Looking at times and past history I figured I'd be battling for a second or third against Dallenbach. I did that back in 2002 so I know the cars limitations. We just don't have the hp to match the V8 for speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs