Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM

3 posts, read 20,635 times

Advertisements

Hi! I know this sounds really strange but my husband and I just moved to Colorado Springs and haven't made any friends yet. We are pretty adventurous (we moved out here from Houston just for the heck of it!), laid back, friendly and love to meet new people. We are both active too and love being outdoors.
Is there any sort of organizations that anyone could recommend us checking out to meet some people?

I would so appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angierose2005 View Post
We are pretty adventurous ...and love to meet new people.
Colorado swingers clubs (http://www.swingerslifestyle.net/swingers-club/swingers-clubs.aspx?state=Colorado - broken link)

It would help to know where abouts you live.

Freethinkers of Colorado Springs | "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." Richard Feynman

Do you have kids?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 20,635 times
we live in the springs...in the south...we are NOT swingers and we don't have kids

Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
What are your interests? Join a biking club, a theater group, take some classes (such as yoga, languages etc.), get involved in your community. We moved 6 months ago and that is how we have been meeting people.
Good luck to you!

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Colorado swingers clubs (http://www.swingerslifestyle.net/swingers-club/swingers-clubs.aspx?state=Colorado - broken link)
You a funny guy, Charles.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:16 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
You may want to check out: City of Colorado Springs - Recreation Services Homepage and see what there is that you may like there.

Also, pick up a copy on a weekly basis of Colorado Springs Independent : Colorado Springs to see what groups are meeting. You can find anything from hiking to photography to theater groups to...whatever.

Ask your coworkers (if you have them) if they know of any groups that suit your interests.

I admit, C Springs is difficult to make friends in as we have a hugely transient population (not homeless but because of the military people come and go) but there is a pretty stable population that you have to seek out.

If you hike, talk to the personnel at REI or other outdoor shops. If you like to bike, go to one of the local bike shops and talk to them too. Heck often another customer will accidentally hear you and engage in conversation. If you like photography, check with some of the camara stores about photography groups. If you are runners, there are several local running (shoe and running gear) shops as well.

The key is to try to get to the local (although REI is the only outdoor outfitter I could come up with as my brain hasn't hit it's caffiene limit yet) shops. The outdoor and such shops really know what are good groups and many sort of sponsor them as well.

If you want to meet people here, you need to be actively involved in that. You may even find some of the local message boards to get a feel for what's happening.

There is no shortage of groups around here.

Good luck and welcome to C Springs!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:44 PM

70 posts, read 122,360 times
Hi Angierose2005,

If you're interested, there's a church picnic ( First Evangelical Free Church of Colorado Springs:* "A Great Family Church for All Ages" ) this Sunday at noon at Westmoor Park, near Fonatnero & 30th Street. All are welcome, and the fried chicken costs $5/family or $2/person. I don't know how old you are, but my wife and I are in our 40s, and we like to hike.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:35 PM

90 posts, read 395,141 times
I feel the lack of friends these days myself now that I retired to babysit my grandchildren. My only outlet is my bookclub, which might be a good way to make new friends. They used to have discussion groups at the libraries.

Volunteering is also a great way to meet new people. There is a volunteer center here, part of the United Way of Pikes Peak Region.

Good luck!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:52 PM

792 posts, read 3,138,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angierose2005 View Post
Hi! I know this sounds really strange but my husband and I just moved to Colorado Springs and haven't made any friends yet. We are pretty adventurous (we moved out here from Houston just for the heck of it!), laid back, friendly and love to meet new people. We are both active too and love being outdoors.
Is there any sort of organizations that anyone could recommend us checking out to meet some people?

I would so appreciate it!
Try the CS cycling club as I met those folks when I did the Buena Vista Century a few years ago. Cool folks.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,209 times
Do you like to dance? Go to the VFW on sundays for lindy and go to cucuru on wed. or thurs. for tango then there's the broadmoor that has some really fun older people and full lively music in the tavern. Thats a lot of swing and big band stuff. You could go to Ormao or some berlesque! Read the indy for sure. Its Free!
P.S. sorry its not the most accurate info I just thought it would be a good suggestion. Do your own research and come to your own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs