Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,894,623 times

Advertisements

I had this name before that particular "Eric Harris". I've been TheEricHarris since 1997 I also own ericharris.com, which received quite a bit of hate mail when the Columbine tragedy happened.

Oh, my name is Eric Harris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 AM

Ok, so I'm flying out there on Sunday and doing the face-to-face interview on Monday. Then we are driving from Vegas on the next Monday to Denver/COS to explore and do a pre-marriage conference. Busy, busy!

Can someone recommend me a realtor in the Woodland Park and West CO Springs area? I really need to get an idea where to live. Think I could find a newer house (3be/2ba) for under $175k on the west tips of the springs or woodland park? Anyone have a recommendation where to live for someone comuting to Cripple Creek M-F?

[ Mod Note: Please send referrals to Eric via DM, not by posting here, that would be advertising, which the TOS doesn't allow.)

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-12-2008 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 AM

3 posts, read 9,981 times
I am also relocating to Woodland Park and I notice a lot of the postings mention real estate agents they are happy with. Can any of you pass on their name and organization?

Old 07-03-2008, 06:47 PM

164 posts, read 792,542 times
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I have your attention and I hope it is not to late!!!! Only move to Woodland Park if your job is in Woodland Park. Absolutly, under no circumstances attempt to commute to Cripple Creek or Colorado Springs. If anyone is interested I would be glad to go into details for you.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:17 PM

What details?

I've been commuting from Woodland to Cripple Creek since March (5 days a week) and it's a lovely drive. Takes me just under 30 minutes, 20-25 if I take 4 mile (dirt road that cuts through the valley......fun!!).

I have an AWD car (Dodge Magnum RT) with snow tires for the winter, so I actually hope it snows

Old 07-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Before you tell me you hope it snows make it through a full winter first. You haven't seen anything yet...but you will!!!!!! Think about trading for a better vehicle....high profile four wheel drive and studded snow tires.....Going up Blue Bird Hill in a blizzard will make a man out of you!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:30 PM

Default wbriggs1

I have several advantages here that might make mountainpharmd feel a little better. I have lived in both the upper Midwest, where I used to rake 4 feet of snow off the roof several times a year and in northern California at about the 8,000 foot level. Both places would drop well below zero during the winter and zero visibility blizzards were not uncommon. I know how to drive in the snow, and when you shouldn't.
Also, I'm still relatively young (55 years old) married 30 years and retired. I just want a house with some property that I can putter around with. As a side note I found an excellent Realtor named Scott Davis at Remax. You can contact him at scottdavis1@remax.net

Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 PM

If you are retired and do not have to go somewhere everyday, than Woodland Park is the place for you. In fact my wife and I hope to retire up there someday.

If you are working and commuting any where else from Woodland Park....then forget it.

** Oh you will rake four feet of snow off your car more than a few times a year in Woodland Park.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM

16 posts, read 147,660 times
Based on your last post, apparently you don't even live in Woodland Park. Yet you are telling people to stay away from this area and you are giving incorrect wrong information. I live just outside of WP and commute to Colorado Springs all year long in a car that is rear wheel drive only, a stick shift, and has a V-8 engine. Occasionally I take my 4-wheel drive SUV to work because of inclement weather.

[mod cut]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
If you are retired and do not have to go somewhere everyday, than Woodland Park is the place for you. In fact my wife and I hope to retire up there someday.

If you are working and commuting any where else from Woodland Park....then forget it.

** Oh you will rake four feet of snow off your car more than a few times a year in Woodland Park.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-12-2008 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: no rude comments, please!

Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the input. I have received a lot of positive comments and I have to thank those for the warnings, even if you are not happy about where you are. Beam steering- I would like some more info about how you feel about the area, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs