Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:22 PM

196 posts, read 591,285 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Well our trip is next week. I've been checking weather.com to see how it's gonna be...and it's been saying scattered T-storms. How this been? On and off rain? Here in ABQ saying that means depending on the side of town you are in and even then not a lot of rain.

We'll be there next friday through Monday...woo hoo 1 week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 01:07 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Depends on where you live as to whether or not you get rain, but in a given week most places have been getting at least a little at least once. Some may have been getting more.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:48 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciac View Post
Hi everyone,

Well our trip is next week. I've been checking weather.com to see how it's gonna be...and it's been saying scattered T-storms. How this been? On and off rain? Here in ABQ saying that means depending on the side of town you are in and even then not a lot of rain.

We'll be there next friday through Monday...woo hoo 1 week!
Yes, the likelihood 'scattered thunderstorms' totally depends on where you are. Here on the divide, we've pretty much had rain everyday at some point since May. But in the summertime that usually means it will get dark and cloudy in the afternoon, pour rain for a few minutes and then pass over and be mostly sunny again. No big deal. The last couple of days it's been sunny and cloudless all day, which is not that great, because it means the green will soon be brown.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM

Sounds good, we are staying near the airport, but our vacation takes us all over town and we don't expect to be there other than sleeping. Just mostly wanted to know if we should "pack the rain gear".

thanks!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Near the airport you probably won't see too much unless something comes right over it. As for packing rain gear, umbrellas are pretty much unheard of in Colorado. Storms tend to be short enough that people just get out of the weather for the 15 minutes or so it is dumping where they are. But if you're going to be hiking or something like that, bring ponchos and change of clothes, etc.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:03 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
Dress in layers. Shorts and tees are fine - but keep a jacket and a pair of long paints in the car. Bring sun screen - it won't feel hot, but it will burn!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
It's very similar to what ABQ has been getting, except not so hot! And not as humid as the valley! I've watching and traveling to ABQ lately. I don't think you'll need 'rain gear,' the rainfall is pretty short lived. Have fun!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:03 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,126,349 times
No, rain gear is a joke here. Just wait 5 minutes and it will change. However, pack both shorts and jeans. I noticed Thursday night when strolling Manitou after eating at The Loop, so many tourists wearing light jackets and jeans. Guess they were chilly because they aren't used to our summers. We hadn't had shower or storm either. I would venture to say it was around 8oclock.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM

GREAT input everyone! Thanks so much~ sounds exactly like here lalahartma, just wanted to be sure. And thank GOODNESS for low humidity! I'm so tired of it here. And we have planned on bringing plenty of both shorts and jeans. Are you kiddin'? Two gals on vacation together- we'll have both our whole closets! LOL LOL

thanks again everyone- 4 more days! Look for us at Rock Bottom Friday night!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciac View Post
GREAT input everyone! Thanks so much~ sounds exactly like here lalahartma, just wanted to be sure. And thank GOODNESS for low humidity! I'm so tired of it here. And we have planned on bringing plenty of both shorts and jeans. Are you kiddin'? Two gals on vacation together- we'll have both our whole closets! LOL LOL

thanks again everyone- 4 more days! Look for us at Rock Bottom Friday night!
I'll be leaving that area just as your getting there. We get there tomorrow but staying up in Manitou Springs then heading over to Breckenridge on Saturday. Told my kids to pack at least one light jacket and jeans. They thought "montains" and asked for their ski stuff . I grew up going to Colorado and all up to Woodland Park and am used to the summers. I've always been the person in shorts and shortsleeves playing in the patch of snow that might be on the side of the road up Mt Evans CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! I'm taking 2 jackets only because I seem to want to "match". The afternoon rain is great and as everyone has said it is over in no time. No sooner than you get out an umbrella or raincoat it stops so don't waste precious luggage space on that stuff . Followed a rainbow thru the mountains one time and found the end of it as we were twisting and turning our way from Leadville and it ended at an old gold mine. That was cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs