Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,313 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My wife and I are moving to COS this summer and we are comming to find a haouse for our familly of 4. We will be staying in COS during which time, I am expected to rent a house and get ht ekids registered in shcool. Thanks to all teh fabulous posts, we know that we wnat our kinds in D20.

Now, this promises to be a very busy week for both my wife and myself. So, I was hoping to find a nace and romantic getaway for us to stay in while we go through our house hunting trip. Something with a nive 2 place bath or big jacuzi tub and where we could be comfortable.

The broadmoor is a little too pricey for us but we are willing to hear what else we could find!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 AM

431 posts, read 2,794,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadians View Post
Hi all,

My wife and I are moving to COS this summer and we are comming to find a haouse for our familly of 4. We will be staying in COS during which time, I am expected to rent a house and get ht ekids registered in shcool. Thanks to all teh fabulous posts, we know that we wnat our kinds in D20.

Now, this promises to be a very busy week for both my wife and myself. So, I was hoping to find a nace and romantic getaway for us to stay in while we go through our house hunting trip. Something with a nive 2 place bath or big jacuzi tub and where we could be comfortable.

The broadmoor is a little too pricey for us but we are willing to hear what else we could find!
try www.cheyennecanoninn.com. It is not a private home. I don't know what price range you are looking for but this is really nice--old but the setting is wonderful.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,923,539 times
Canadians-
If you want a nice hotel, I would recommend the Homewood Suites on Briargate and Rangewood. I spent over 250 days there from 2002-04. All rooms are suites and the staff was very friendly. The Shops at Briargate are across the street with several great resturants> Champs, PF Changs, Montana Grille, and a few others. The hotel serves free hot breakfasts every morning and a light dinner on mon thru thurs nights. The location is in District 20, too. Good Luck.
BTW- I spent this past week in Canada . London, Ontario to be exact.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:12 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Canadians-
If you want a nice hotel, I would recommend the Homewood Suites on Briargate and Rangewood. I spent over 250 days there from 2002-04. All rooms are suites and the staff was very friendly. The Shops at Briargate are across the street with several great resturants> Champs, PF Changs, Montana Grille, and a few others. The hotel serves free hot breakfasts every morning and a light dinner on mon thru thurs nights. The location is in District 20, too. Good Luck. BTW- I spent this past week in Canada . London, Ontario to be exact.
Ditto to what VFR says...spent a few weeks there while house hunting, etc. Great place, great location, quiet, clean, perfect for getting around the north end of town and right off I-25 at exit 151. Sometimes we sit in the parking lot by Starbucks in the Shops at Briargate and watch the small airplanes, gliders and skydivers over at the US Air Force Academy....free entertainment!
s/Mike
http://bestsmileys.com/cars/1.gif (broken link)

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 AM

196 posts, read 591,357 times
Thumbs up hotel input

Hi everyone-

My Mom and I have made reservations at a hotel and...well I'd like your input.

Crossland Economy Studios on Afternoon Circle.

Basically I'd like to know if our car will be safe at night, LOL. We don't plan on being there much other than to sleep we won't be out at night in the neighborhood or anything. We don't really want to change our plans as this fits in our price range, we know you get what you pay for we just want to know that the car will be safe once we are tucked away in our room at night.

thanks!

Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

76 posts, read 293,182 times
We stayed at that very hotel when we first visited the Springs and it was OK, though it's not known as the safest part of town.

Carrie

Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,527,026 times
It's a mediocre hotel in a mediocre location. I think as long as you're not expecting amenities it will serve its purpose fine. The neighborhood is ok, not great. Basically, I myself would feel okay to stay at that motel and not be worried about my safety or about the car generally speaking, but I wouldn't recommend the neighborhood to someone looking to buy or rent.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 AM

196 posts, read 591,357 times
Yeah we aren't looking to live there just need a place to lay our heads for 3 nights. And at 25 bucks a night, not bad.
thanks for the input.
(PS we are going to the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor and are very excited!)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,527,026 times
Oh, that's fun! When I was in college, I worked at the Broadmoor as a summer job one year and I found so many little Golden Bees!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM

85 posts, read 203,359 times
Default Best hotels in Colorado Springs?

Unfortunately, my bf's vacation time is used up for the year, so we'll be visiting in Feb/March. I'm wondering about the best hotel for location, quality, and low price.

I know there are websites for this, and I will check travelocity, but I'd like to compare that with what the experts -- aka you guys -- have to say.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! This site is proving to be most helpful, and I'm looking forward to meeting the nice people of Colorado Springs - and hopefully convincing my bf to buy a home with me there. aww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs