Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 01:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,827 times

Advertisements

I'm a young, caucasian future army wife getting married and moving to the area from west central Louisiana after christmas. My fiancee is already there and living with his sponsor for his new unit at The Willows at Printers Park apartments. I will be moving in with them there until we can either get on post housing or find our own place off post. His unit apparently comes and goes a lot and i will be alone during that. I've read a lot in the forums about the southeast being the bad part of town. I grew up near Worcester, MA and Providence, RI so I know what cities are like but i have been living in a small town of maybe 9,000 for the last 7 years; so i am kind of jaded about city life right now. My finacee has heard some bad stories about where he lives from his new unit buddies so i was just wondering is that a good or bad place to live?

sorry for the lengthy message...i get kind of wordy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
Go to Google Maps and type in the name of the place with city, zip - it looks like there are 45 reviews of those apartments.
As for neighborhood - it is okay. I wouldn't call it great or horrible.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM

120 posts, read 371,679 times
There are a couple of sites you can check. This one -- Colorado Springs Crime Map - Showing Crime in Colorado Springs, CO - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here -- doesn't show any crime reported for your street for the past two months. You can also look at the CSPD crime stats at City of Colorado Springs - Police Homepage.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 PM

136 posts, read 460,896 times
Default hit or miss

The square mile or so around that apartment is a quiet office park setting (aka. Printers Park). The apartments themselves are relatively new and from what I saw (when I was considering a move back to the springs), pretty well taken care of. Lots of military folk etc. The community is gated as well, which you don't typically see around here.
However, outside of that square mile office park perimeter, the neighborhoods are pretty run down. (by Colorado Springs standards ). Airport Rd. and Chelton area to the south and east, Memorial Park area to the north and west.

For now, it doesn't seem like the surrounding blight makes it into the immediate neighborhood. So..the bottom line is that for an apartment, it would be an okay choice to live.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,827 times
Default thanks

thanks for the reply's

Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 AM

44 posts, read 100,077 times
Stay away from that area. I know people who live in the general area and they have rats. I even saw one while sitting at the bus stop in the area. Not a good place to live period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs