Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,929,570 times

Advertisements

Just about any where in D-20 is kid populated. Most of the district has dense housing that puts more possible friends within walking distance. We have friends in developments with 3-5 acre lots and the kids are few and FAR between. Even here in Woodmor with 1/2 acre lots, our neighborhood had far fewer homes per block than most of COS. You might try Craigslist for rentals and try to negotiate a month to month or a 6 month lease, so you can really get a feel for the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 AM

120 posts, read 372,213 times
What kind of environment do you have in mind? If you want wide open spaces, room to breath, lower taxes (no city property or city sales tax), check out Woodmen Hills in Falcon. They have both existing homes and new homes (Journey homes). Many are on 1/2 acre or larger and a trails system runs through the neighborhood. It's about a 1/2 hour commute to Colorado Springs on 4-lane roads. They have a website with more information at Woodmen Hills Metro . Click on the info link just beneath the photo.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM

432 posts, read 1,204,995 times
I too have used realtor.com but once I discovered trulia.com I never went back to realtor.com The integration between Google maps and the listings is superb.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 AM

598 posts, read 1,549,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buona sera View Post
What do you mean by relaxed atmosphere? CO springs isn't usually considered relaxed. That area is very very religious and military, if you call that relaxed.
It's really tiring to see this over and over again. I think it's safe to say that Buona sera has an agenda here. Just look at the other posts...good grief.

It's one thing to say it, but another to back it up.

I've lived all over the United States for the past 24 years and can honestly say that this is a great place to live. This area is no more "religious" than most other places in the States. And what is the point about being negative on the military...so sad.

Hope all goes well...you'll love Colorado Springs. I can also recommend 80922...affordable and very nice.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM

65 posts, read 268,905 times
I have lived near the springs for over 4 years, after moving out from Orange County (Rancho Santa Margarita) and for the most part we love it. We have found that people who find it not as relaxed often have not lived somewhere else. Bottom line: there is no perfect place, but you could do a lot worse that Colorado Springs. Every city has its negative aspects, but the good things about this city FAR outnumber the drawbacks. We prefer the North end up to Gleneagle and Monument ( but we currently live out near Falcon) but I know plenty of people who love it closer to downtown and also the West side. Seriously, there is a part of town to suit each person's personality and interests. We will probably be moving to closer to the Monument area within the year to be closer to my work, but I really like this whole region. We still go back to CA often to visit and I'm always happiest when we get back to Colorado.
My 2 cents.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,929,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rksinco View Post
We still go back to CA often to visit and I'm always happiest when we get back to Colorado.
My 2 cents.
Ditto here

Old 10-25-2009, 03:04 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,046,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rksinco View Post
I have lived near the springs for over 4 years, after moving out from Orange County (Rancho Santa Margarita) and for the most part we love it. We have found that people who find it not as relaxed often have not lived somewhere else. Bottom line: there is no perfect place, but you could do a lot worse that Colorado Springs. Every city has its negative aspects, but the good things about this city FAR outnumber the drawbacks. We prefer the North end up to Gleneagle and Monument ( but we currently live out near Falcon) but I know plenty of people who love it closer to downtown and also the West side. Seriously, there is a part of town to suit each person's personality and interests. We will probably be moving to closer to the Monument area within the year to be closer to my work, but I really like this whole region. We still go back to CA often to visit and I'm always happiest when we get back to Colorado.
My 2 cents.
Tons of California transplants in the Springs. You could have bought a serious McMansion if you moved out from CA 4-5 years ago.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 AM

9 posts, read 37,526 times
Default Beware

We have lived in the Colorado Springs area for a little over a year. We live in the zip code of 80916 (SE) and don't like it very much. SW area or Powers corridor (far SE) would be a better choice for you for schools. Have you considered the Denver area? Lakewood and Littleton are wonderful areas and we have lived in both, and will probably relocate there next year. The Denver area compared to Colorado Springs is like night and day, couldn't be more opposite. Denver area is very progressive, most people there aren't uptight, and prejudice is at a minimum. Colo Sprs on the other hand has a very narrow minded mind set. Some especially radical religious people, especially in the north end. Unless you have to live here, but just like the mountain ambiance, don't move here...move to the Denver, Boulder area. You will probably be a lot happier there in the long run. I only wish someone would have told us this before we bought a house here.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,236,182 times
I lived in Colorado Springs for a while and fell in love with the area. We are a mixed race couple (white and Asian) and felt no racial bias of any sort. People are quite friendly and tolerant in my experience. We are regular church-going Christians, but I don't know how everyone else believes, or not, because the subject never came up. How is that an oppressive religious atmosphere? I didn't even know COS had that rep until I started reading posts here!

I have to conclude that this claim is greatly exaggerated.

Visit and see for yourself; I think you'll agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs