Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 AM

194 posts, read 1,028,354 times

Advertisements

Question is in title.
It's still pretty new. Only about 1.5 years old and has been in storage for 6 months. I've tried CL and other but no success.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,567 times
Check the Ft Carson newspaper, think I saw an ad for exactly that. RP

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM

194 posts, read 1,028,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Check the Ft Carson newspaper, think I saw an ad for exactly that. RP
Thanks I'll do that.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,317,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
Question is in title.
It's still pretty new. Only about 1.5 years old and has been in storage for 6 months. I've tried CL and other but no success.

Thanks
Craigslist works, but my experience is that most people there are unwilling or unable to pay more than a give-away price. However, that may just be due to the current great recession.

Markets for used stuff are very efficient. Perhaps the real market price is well below your expectations.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,263 times
Seriously? No bite on CraigsList?

I sold my refrigerator and then my washer and dryer within one day. All for close to asking price.

Of course I did sell my washer and dryer as a set so that can make it more desireable perhaps? I don't know, I had one woman email me to ask if I would split them up.

Anyhow, a some tips for posting on CraigsList.

Here's exactly how I posted my fridge for sale (minus my phone # of course):

-----------------------------------------------

TITLE: White GE Refrigerator for sale - $90

BODY:

Excellent condition. Been in storage for 4 months and sadly I have to sell my appliances to free up the money used for the storage unit. Standard size - forgot to write down the cubic feet from the door. However it measures 29 1/2" W x 64 3/4" H x 30" D.

No icemaker but has the connectors for one.

Cash only, you pick up, should bring a helper and a truck. Must be on time and call prior with vehicle description as I have to let you in the gate.

Email or call 719 - XXX - XXX. Phone calls only accepted from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Don't leave voice mail please, it's a prepaid cell phone. Call back, send a text or use the email here. :-)

---------------------------------------------

The keys here (thanks to advice from ApartmentTherapy.com) are a good title describing what it is. Don't write a novel but be as detailed without offering too much. Add in things like I did that they have to pick it up. I had time restrictions on when they could call because I didn't want people calling me at 10:00 pm or in the mornings - I'm a grouch in the mornings anyway. They also state to briefly comment as to why you are selling it - but don't use a sob story. I did have to get rid of the storage unit so it really helped to add that in.

Finally, pictures and don't use CraigsList upload. They reduce the size of the pics and that almost always pixelizes. I used my personal hosting space so I could get larger and well detailed pictures. Don't post without pictures.

If you don't have a digital camera, ask a friend. If you aren't sure how to upload and such, ask a friend to help you out. In a sea of generic classifieds, your pictures can make or break your sale. Don't post pictures of what the manufacture may or may not have on their site, it should always be pictures of the actual item.

Finally, what is a fair price? Do some research to competing ads. Are you willing to negotiate the price? Go up about $10-$15 from where you most likely wont budge.

Anyhow, I hope that helps. If you need help, PM me and I will do what I can.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,263 times
I forgot a key thing...don't just put "Colorado Springs" or "Southwest C Springs" in the location of your dryer. Put in the title at minimum the ZIP code but the best thing is two major crossroads that people identify with that.

People living in Security, for example, are not as likely to want to drive up to a Pine Creek address unless it's an item and a price that can't be beat. Some people don't care but some don't want to drive that far only to find out that it's not what they thought it was, someone else already bought it (some people will promise to keep the item until the time agreed upon but someone else shows up with a better offer, etc...)

I had my stuff stored at the Cowen self-storage so in my location it was "Garden of the Gods/Nevada" so people had a better mental picture of how far they'd have to drive. Little details like that really do help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs