Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:15 AM

92 posts, read 265,885 times

Advertisements

Hello,

In researching and preparing to move To Colorado Springs we are curious on this topic. Here we have bars and tiki bars with lots of tropical motif and ambiance some Tiki's with lush foliage. That is cool for this area.. In the Colorado Springs area and surrounding mountain towns, how are the clubs and bars? We were in North West years and years ago we entered into a resort style bar/club and it was filled with a dark, warming and cozy atmosphere, log cabin (interior) look, lush furniture that was warm and cozy, fireplace going etc. it created sort of an upscale mountain resort yet rustic feel. It was great. Is there anything in the local area that may resemble that or draw from the local area? I know this is a difficult question as it is difficult to word and ask, lol.. but here we can enjoy the local atmosphere in clubs or bars with that motif, so in trade off we were hoping to be able to go to bars, clubs or resort bars that may have nice but rustic look, mountain resort style, or log cabin type atmosphere that we can enjoy while out in that area. (40's couple here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
The bars and clubs here are as varied as the people. Most downtown bars have an industrial feel to try to compete with the bars in LoDo in Denver.

Several of them around have an old tavern feel.

I don't go to bars anymore but there's really nothing with that mountain resort feel (that I have ever experienced) for a more mainstream nightlife here. Perhaps along the way up to or in Woodland Park but Colorado Springs is pretty generic with most it's architecture. The only place I can think of would be Cheyenne Mtn. Resort but I am not sure of their bar/lounge after all these years.

Some of the bars in Manitou or in Old Colorado City are more tavern or late 1800s. Some are just ugly. ;-)

Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM

92 posts, read 265,885 times
LOL to the "just ugly" & to generic.... for the life of me I can't figure out why the cold industrial look and feel is so damn popular. That motif sucks in out book.. here or there. We have heard and read about the LoDo in Denver but that is also caters to the younger college age crowd. We don't go out much or to bars that often but when we do we like to have ones to go to with great atmospheres. Thanks for your input!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM

50 posts, read 216,940 times
Speaking of bars...are there any good country bars to go line dancing?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
And any with dart boards?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:36 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
Cowboys downtown. Darts, I'm not sure.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Shall we talk about what club(s) not to go to? Like 13 Pure!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:11 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,049 times
I like Jack Quinn's Irish Tavern. It's downtown, off Tejon...next to Cowboy's. It's got a an old Irish pub look and feel. Crowds there are a lil' more grown up.

The food is very good....Irish pub fare for the most part. Good selection of Irish/English beers. There's a loft area upstairs with a pool table and a dart board. That's where I always end up. Nice feel to it.

http://www.jackquinnspub.com/

Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 PM

196 posts, read 564,267 times
LOL to "Industrial feel" of the bars that are trying to compare to LoDo.. Colorado Springs and "Industrial" don't go together in the same sentense.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
I know what you are looking for...kinda like Captain Hirams in Sebastian/Vero Beach. Cool for Florida.
The only really mountainy bar I can think of is Little Bear in Evergreen.
Unless you are in a ski-town...I can't think of anything off hand!!
Maybe kinda....Meadow Muffins in Manitou? Naw...nevermind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs