Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

I certainly can't afford to stay at the Broadmoor Hotel. Perhaps I could do dinner there sometime.

Are there tours of the hotel and grounds or other ways to "see" it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
They do tours by special request, two week notice is required.

The Sunday Brunch there is not to be missed. Seems like an acre of food, it's beyond belief. Been there several times, great for special occasions or just to treat yourself. Not snooty, dressy-casual works fine, I've often worn jeans with a white shirt, tie and sport coat. All parking is by valet. The Penrose Room is another gem, Colorado's ONLY 5-star dining room.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
You can certainly drive/walk the grounds or maybe you could go play golf there.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:47 AM

25 posts, read 84,457 times
You can walk in anytime. It's pretty nice to stroll around the lake, maybe stop at one of the bars for a drink.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
They do tours by special request, two week notice is required.

The Sunday Brunch there is not to be missed. Seems like an acre of food, it's beyond belief. Been there several times, great for special occasions or just to treat yourself. Not snooty, dressy-casual works fine, I've often worn jeans with a white shirt, tie and sport coat. All parking is by valet. The Penrose Room is another gem, Colorado's ONLY 5-star dining room.
Ditto - feel free to stroll around afterwards to work off some of the massive amounts of food you've just ingested

Old 06-07-2010, 01:42 PM

553 posts, read 1,636,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I certainly can't afford to stay at the Broadmoor Hotel. Perhaps I could do dinner there sometime.

Are there tours of the hotel and grounds or other ways to "see" it?
I agree with just about everybody else here.

Walking around the grounds and the lake are encouraged. You don't need to be a guest. Go in the early evening, as they'll likely have a fire (or two) burning outside around the lake.

Stopping somewhere for dinner or drinks is a terrific idea. The Penrose Room is not the least bit cheap, but it's a meal you'll probably remember forever. Certainly worth doing once. Mrs Maynerd and I went for our 25th Anniversary a couple years ago. It was fantastic.

As for drinks, go to the Golden Bee. [It's across the street from the hotel itself.] They're pretty famous for giving out little embroidered 'bee' appliques.

In short, the Broadmoor is a jewel, unlike any hotel you'll find in 99% of cities our size. And you don't need to be a hotel guest to enjoy it.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
The Broadmore is my favorite hotel in Colorado and the Penrose Room is my favorite resturant as well. Here are some pictures I took last month for my birthday dinner at the Penrose Room.

This is a side view of the main building at the Broadmore

This is the building the Penrose Room is in. Its 9 stories and was built in 1961.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/Copy2ofDSC00006.jpg (broken link)

This is the Penrose Room. It is by far my favorite resturant in Colorado. The view of Colorado Springs and the mountains are amazing. As Mike said its Colorado's only 5 star restaurant and something he did not mention is that it is Colorado's only 5 diamond restaurant as well.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/Pueblo214.jpg (broken link)

This was my drunk attempt to take a picture of the veiw from the Penrose Room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs