Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM

99 posts, read 233,255 times

Advertisements

We are wanting to know of areas there that may be a good fit for us. We have three kids, 1 a solid football and baseball player. Our 3rd grade daughter is just learning to play all kinds of sports and our oldest son doesn't care for sports much but cheers on his brother and sister. My wife works in fast food management and has worked in retail management along with factory work. I'm make functional art, leather, glass wood and metal. I sell mostly thru word of mouth, swap meets/flea markets.
This may sound odd but I would like to live in a trailer on my own land and not be looked down on, a place where we can enjoy living instead of working every minute to be able to live. I hope this is ok to say but due to multiple injuries and multiple Dr recomendations mostly our reason for looking at Colorado is medical cannabis. I'm sick of taking pain killers that seem to be kiiling me only to still be in pain. Hope folks can understand and not pass judgement, I'm just trying to be able to live a somewhat normal life. Please don't let this topic turn into a political deal just thought I would say what is prompting a move.
Due to my physical limitations I make very little money so cost of living is a big factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 PM

26,241 posts, read 49,134,708 times
I'm thinking Canon City and the smallish towns nearby.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,682,199 times
The medical Pot thing is an ever changing thing.
There is a lot of resistance to it at local levels.
Many cities are trying to pass ordinances to prevent sales within their limits.

Also, many counties have issue with people putting mobile homes on their property.

I would begin by researching the laws by city and county on the medical issue.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:35 PM

99 posts, read 233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
The medical Pot thing is an ever changing thing.
There is a lot of resistance to it at local levels.
Many cities are trying to pass ordinances to prevent sales within their limits.

Also, many counties have issue with people putting mobile homes on their property.

I would begin by researching the laws by city and county on the medical issue.
I understand there is some local stuff going on. As long as they allow it in the state though I'll be fine. But thank you for the heads up. My Dr has sent several like me to Colorado to live just based on that. Just a function of trying to live a normal life like everyone else for me.
My good buddies Grandmother lives in Canon City. sounds like a good place to start looking. Any large flea markets or swap meets in the Canon City area to sell things I make? I've heard that area does stay warmer.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,693,256 times
Racer, I suggest that you check out the website coloradomedicalmarijuana.net. It is full of all sorts of helpful information, including where you can and can't purchase medical marijuana in the state. Your statement "as long as they allow it in the state I'll be fine" is not quite accurate. Many cities continue to ban medical marijuana dispensaries, so you should definitely check out where they are allowed.

Regarding the flea markets or swap meets in the Canon City area, I suggest that you start a new thread with that in the title to get better responses. We do have some posters on this forum who are very familiar with Canon City.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,331,863 times
Others have already commented about the MJ issue, so I'll leave that part alone.

This isn't really a trailer living state. If you're dead set on this idea, might want to look into some of the small towns east of Denver on the plains along I-70 and I-76, where land is cheap and it's all rural/semi-rural. Check out my photo tour from over a year ago: //www.city-data.com/forum/denve...st-denver.html

Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,769 posts, read 58,209,379 times
Have you considered Oregon or Northern CA. EZ hemp growing there. EZ to live very remote in a trailer and not be noticed.

Trailer (MH) living is tough in CO, land prices are HIGH, water hard to get, Permits for building even harder... wind blows SIGNIFICANTLY.

(I woke up one morning in CO to see my neighbor's new mobile home GONE. Wind blew it apart to a zillion pieces and spread it for miles).

Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,699,548 times
There are many areas of Colorado where mobile homes are predominant. I'm not sure why people are saying Colorado isn't the place to own one. Now granted, some areas are not suited for trailers, especially older ones, but they are still out there. You might look at the western slope, if your wife can find work. There are quite a few areas where you can find a mobile home on a small plot of land for a lot less money than other parts of the state (with the exception of maybe eastern Colorado).

What else besides medical MJ are you looking for in Colorado? That may help to narrow down your search.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 AM

8 posts, read 22,040 times
Smile MH Grand Junction

There is a MJ dispensary in Palisade,CO, which is right next door to Grand Junction. There are plenty of trailers on their own land(we are landlords to two of them). Any other questions...please ask.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 AM

930 posts, read 1,657,442 times
Florence has a top-notch high school football team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado