Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,770 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Wondering what the public transport is like from Edwards to Denver or to anywhere else. Its seems like a little town far away up in the mountains
Also what Broadband Internet options would i have there? Is wireless an option? and rough costs.
Whats the town like? any one got pictures?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
You'd have to take the VVT shuttle bus to Vail's Transportation Center, and then a bus or van (there's a couple of operators) down to Denver. I believe there's service to DIA, as well as a number of pick-up points in downtown Denver and in outlying areas for these services.

Edwards is somewhat of a down-valley commercial & resdential area servicing the area. It's in the mountains, but at a lower elevation than Vail ... with less snow, and warmer temps. Not especially scenic for the housing, rather more "functional".

I haven't checked the 'net access there for awhile, but there is high speed hook-up there and the I-70 corridor there is well served by satellite and towers.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,068 times
can you tell me if there is public transportation from the denver airport into edwards.do you know how long the ride would take and the cost?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,068 times
my son [age 22] would like to work in vail, keystone, or the beavercreek area for the winter. we have never been to CO, but are heading that way. he has been hired for a part-time job near edwards, with one small problem, the job does not have housing,which is very important, can somebody help us out. any info would be great.anyone looking for a roomate, do we need a car? IS EDWARDS ON THE BUS LINE? THANKS FOR THE HELP

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ann shea View Post
my son [age 22] would like to work in vail, keystone, or the beavercreek area for the winter. we have never been to CO, but are heading that way. he has been hired for a part-time job near edwards, with one small problem, the job does not have housing,which is very important, can somebody help us out. any info would be great.anyone looking for a roomate, do we need a car? IS EDWARDS ON THE BUS LINE? THANKS FOR THE HELP
Edwards is on the local county bus line, but that is mostly limited to the Hwy 6 corridor. That bus goes to various main points at the base of Beaver Creek and major points in Vail.

It's getting really late in the early ski season to arrange good housing, but not impossible. Check the Vail Daily for ads for housing and roommates. They are online. As a guide right now about $650 a month will get you a decent bedroom in a reasonable place with other roommates.

Edwards is 13 miles from Vail Village. I'd say it's the nicer part of the lower valley. In my 7 years in the valley, I'd say I preferred Edwards over anywhere else. Plenty of entertainment and dining options in a compact area. They have a small food market which is very pricey but Wal Mart is about 6 miles up Hwy 6.

I always had a car in the valley but many of my roommates made due with the local bus service. The best thing if you are looking for housing is to live as close to your job as possible.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ann shea View Post
can you tell me if there is public transportation from the denver airport into edwards.do you know how long the ride would take and the cost?
Colorado Mountain Express services the vail valley and covers most addresses in Edwards. In the winter they have hourly shuttles from around 8-9 AM until 11 PM at night and if you pay the full rate, they will drop you at most any address in Edwards. The cost is about $100 one way for door to door service.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
For rentals: Vail Colorado | VailDaily.com News under real estate classifieds there will be a section for rentals, Craigslist.org under the high rockies sub-category. Some parts of Edwards are on the bus line, some aren't. Edwards is more of a family community, a 22 year old who I'm guessing is coming up here to ride or ski really will be happier in Vail. He'll need a lot more than a part time job to be able to live up here and if he wants to play on the mountain he should find a place that offers a ski pass. Vail Resorts is the largest employer up here, they have some openings and good benefits for seasonal employees Vail Resorts | Jobs.VailResorts.com

To get up here from the airport in Denver take Colorado Mountain Express CME: Colorado Mountain Express Airport Ground Transportation: Vail, Beaver Creek, Eagle, Breckenridge, Keystone, Aspen, Snowmass, Glenwood Springs

Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
For rentals: Vail Colorado | VailDaily.com News under real estate classifieds there will be a section for rentals, Craigslist.org under the high rockies sub-category. Some parts of Edwards are on the bus line, some aren't. Edwards is more of a family community, a 22 year old who I'm guessing is coming up here to ride or ski really will be happier in Vail. He'll need a lot more than a part time job to be able to live up here and if he wants to play on the mountain he should find a place that offers a ski pass. Vail Resorts is the largest employer up here, they have some openings and good benefits for seasonal employees Vail Resorts | Jobs.VailResorts.com

To get up here from the airport in Denver take Colorado Mountain Express CME: Colorado Mountain Express Airport Ground Transportation: Vail, Beaver Creek, Eagle, Breckenridge, Keystone, Aspen, Snowmass, Glenwood Springs
I'd say that if one works in Vail, it probably makes the most sense to live in Vail, if one is just starting out.

However, we had many employees over the years live in Edwards that were 18-30 year olds and they all liked it. Vail Village and Lionshead to me and a lot of others is really tourist oriented, more late night puking in a gutter and stupid drunken tricks, Edwards a bit more local and more mature, but still plenty of nice places to go out to. Just depends what you want I guess, but Edwards was always fine to me.

Vail Resorts, it is what it is, probably the largest employer there is, but lacking a bit of spirit as it's just a machine like Disney now. Certainly would never live in their employee housing though unless you are desperate.

Probably the best seasonal job to have in terms of earning money is some type of tip based job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado