Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think I've commented on this before, but. . . The motorists in Boulder, in general, are a public nuisance. They drive the wrong way, they drive wherever they want, move from street to bike lane and back again, dart out in front of you when you are riding. I'm not surprised that Boulder has steep fines for automobile infractions.
Fixed from a cyclist's point of view. Can't we all just get along?

I love Colorado, but I hate that it's becoming homogenized - there is more 'sameness' everywhere...subdivisions, strip malls, big box stores, crowded roads, crowded slopes, crowded trails, air pollution...I guess that's the price we pay for being in such a great place and, sadly, the very thing that will lead to Colorado not being such a great place in a few years.

Still, there aren't many places I'd rather be right now. I'm certainly enjoying it while it's still enjoyable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 04:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Well, really, you don't see many motorists going the wrong way on one way streets, driving on the sidewalks, popping out of nowhere, etc. I agree a little more mutal respect would be a good idea.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 PM

386 posts, read 1,693,140 times
No. Not everybody in Colorado loves being there. After all, it is NOT for everybody and there are many people who just do not like it. But I think just about everybody appreciates the remarkable natural beauty and clean, fresh air. It is one of the most beautiful places you'll ever come across.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post
No. Not everybody in Colorado loves being there. After all, it is NOT for everybody and there are many people who just do not like it. But I think just about everybody appreciates the remarkable natural beauty and clean, fresh air. It is one of the most beautiful places you'll ever come across.
Fresh air along the Front Range? No. The smog is actually pretty bad, if you don't believe it just take in the Eastern view from higher up like Flagstaff or Lee Hill/Old Stage roads...nice brown cloud hanging there stretching along the entire I-25 corridor. Except when the wind blows, of course.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, really, you don't see many motorists going the wrong way on one way streets, driving on the sidewalks, popping out of nowhere, etc. I agree a little more mutal respect would be a good idea.
I've not only seen it, I've experienced it. Typically SUVs piloted by distracted females with cell phones glued to their ear and kids in the back seat, or geriatrics piloting their 1970s-era land yachts...

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I've not only seen it, I've experienced it. Typically SUVs piloted by distracted females with cell phones glued to their ear and kids in the back seat, or geriatrics piloting their 1970s-era land yachts...
How about 20-something ***holes driving "pocket-rocket" sports cars, pickups or SUV's--weaving in and out of traffic with the attitude that they are invincible and that the whole world revolves around them?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Thanks, jazz. I was a little unhappy about stereotyping just women and old people as distracted "bad" drivers. I have seen cops talking on cell phones as they drove.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
And what may I ask is wrong with trucks, Jazzlover? I won't, and can't drive anything else, due to the nature of my business. Don't assume everyone drives like an *******, just because they're "20 something" I'm 28, and have a commendable driving record.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
And what may I ask is wrong with trucks, Jazzlover? I won't, and can't drive anything else, due to the nature of my business. Don't assume everyone drives like an *******, just because they're "20 something" I'm 28, and have a commendable driving record.
I've driven everything from 4WD pickups, SUV's, cars--even bobtail trucks and trailers. If you will note my post, I was describing drivers piloting those vehicles who actually are operating them an unsafe manner. Hell's bells, I have seen reckless bicycle riders, too. The point wasn't the vehicle, it was the lack of courtesy and common sense exhibited by some people driving them. Unfortunately, there ARE plenty of 20-somethings who have their heads up their ***es when it comes to safe driving. The highway accident statistics show that. And one thing that has changed in the last 20 years or so--it used to be the males of the species who were the main troublemakers on the road. Now, a lot of young to early middle-age women seem to have gotten infected with macho ****head testosterone trip that makes them drive like idiots, too.

I'm glad that you have a commendable driving record--you should be proud of that. I did, too, when I was your age--and I still do.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
Well thank you, I agree, about the drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado