Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:41 PM

78 posts, read 197,662 times

Advertisements

and if you don't mind, say where you're from. I think that the Denver metro can count as one place.
I would have to say that Brighton/the Denver metro is my favorite since i'm from Brighton. For my least favorite, I would have to say Trinidad because it's just a nasty ghetto little town followed close by Pueblo and Colorado Springs. Pueblo because it's kind of ghetto and Springs because of the conservative lean to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,951 times
Ghetto? Really? What is your idea of ghetto...
Crested Butte/Gunnison are my favorites due to the college/ski/ranching environment.
Denver is my least favorite due to traffic and population.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 PM

45 posts, read 154,831 times
I am from Colorado Springs but don't live in Colorado currently. I have lived in the Denver area also.

I would say my least favorite city in the state is Fort Collins. Although I don't like Thornton and Lakewood personally but with those two cities Denver is close.

I know it is probably just my personal experience and it is perfect for some people. But I just found Fort Collins to be an extremely arrogant community and has a very conformist mindset amongst it's population.

I know the three times I have visited Fort Collins CSU was out of session but I felt like I was literally the only unmarried
person over 22 there. I know that is not the case, but it did not seem like a city where some one would go out to the bars, restaurants or coffee houses without their significant other.

Fort Collins also is an extremely expensive place to rent and is nearly as expensive as Boulder on rental prices. The city itself is one of the safest city in the country but I found the north-side of Fort Collins to be in rough shape visually to say the least.

I think Fort Collins is probably a perfect fit for some as quite a few people seem to love it. But I personally just don't like care for the city.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
Ghetto? Really? What is your idea of ghetto...
Pueblo...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Colorado Springs

Focus on the Family and associated obnoxious organizations.
Lived there for 12+ months and hated it.
White bread, suburban USA at is finest.
Chain restaurants.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,548,189 times
Boulder is my least favorite, I hate the immature spoiled college crowds, I hate the arrogant and uneducated people, and I hate how extreme left wing and liberal the city is. Also the cost of living there is ridiculous!

My favorite would have to be Glenwood Springs, I love the Canyon, the rivers, and the view of Mount Sopris. Also the city itself is very friendly and easy to get around, and despite it's small size it has everything you need right there!

Last edited by JMM64; 06-26-2013 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Durango sure turned into a cesspool for me ,Laplata county never learned how to plan.Every morning thousands of transplants swarm out of their subdivisions to work their $14 per hour jobs from the few roads leading there what a mess.Durango is nothing but in my way when I go anywhere in that county. unfortunately my work and outfitting in the fall make me have to drive through it all to often.Newcomers still love it and think it is wonderful,makes me think the all came from hell.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I live in Pueblo and it is by far my favorite city. I have many reasons but I will list some:

I like the climate.

I like how we constantly try to improve our city by investing. The latest is the Riverwalk/ Memorial Hall/ Convention Center/ arena. Not to meantion other urban renewal projects.

I love the university and football team.

All the fairs and festivals including the Colorado State Fair. Pueblo is a event driven town.

The fact we are the shopping, restaurant, economic and political hub of a 20 county region.

The history and diversity the city has.

The fact that despite its size it is very gay friendly.

In my opinion the reasons i listed makes the city very Cosmopolitan despite its size. Something that was noted on a PBS story on Pueblo.

I could list a lot more but I think everyone gets the point.

My least favorite city in the state? Drumroll please! Colorado Springs......

I would have to say one of the big reasons is Pueblo and Colorado Springs do not get along. Some other reasons include:

How far Christian right the city is.

It's politics and how they don't want to invest in their community to make it better.

The downtown. Very small for a city of its size.

The suburban sprawl. I know every city has it but they go to the extreme.

Their attitude towards helping other people or cities when in need yet being the first one to take help from cities like Pueblo when they need it with out a second thought.

The SDS and lack of following through on their promise to make the Fountain River better.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-26-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Least favorite - Craig but only because I spent my middle and high school years trying to get the hell out of there. Dry, dusty, and desolate describe it to a tee.

Most favorite - Grand Junction. Love the river, the bookcliffs, and Colorado National Monument.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:46 PM

49 posts, read 188,864 times
My very favorite, and I love so many of the towns in Colorado, but to live and raise kids my favorite would be Niwot. But since I could not afford to buy a home there, my second would be a tie between Longmont and Fort Collins.

If money were not an issue and I could live anywhere in Colorado, Aspen or Breckenridge. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado