Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times

Advertisements

I noticed they have half price tickets to the broncos games, but those don't unlock until 1pm. The regular price tickets unlocked at 11am. My slow computer was apparently too slow, or I waited too many seconds after the refresh, and I couldn't nab any of the regular price seats. My fault perhaps for trying to see the season opener against the defending champs.

I'm assuming that scalpers were buying large amounts of tickets to resell on craigslist, but the "half price" tickets are tied to a specific credit card and limited to one game per house hold. Does anyone know if tickets are reserved for the half price sale to ensure more fans get an opportunity to go? My understanding is that the NFL did this as a kind of community out-reach thing to give each household the opportunity to attend one game even if they had a tight (but above poverty line) budget.

Any knowledge, or advice? I'm using a faster computer this time and will be available to be refreshing right when it goes live. It does no good though if they have sold out all the tickets at the regular price.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help. My wife has never been to an NFL game, and I'd love to take her this season. (Yes, I was lucky enough to marry a pretty woman who watches football. I'm quite amazed also.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I did this a few years ago....IIRC it's some sort of deal btw the team and the city to make affordable tix available to those w/out deep pockets. As a buyer, I had to pay for the tix at a will-call window and then go straight into the stadium, i.e., no turning around and selling them on the parking lot for a higher price.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
That's what it sounds like. My impression was first I had to buy them online, then show the credit card I used at the will-call window to pick them up immediately before the game.

As a side note, do you know if I can buy tickets and bring friends that live at a different address? (All 4 tickets charged to my card, and everyone walking in together?) It appeared that this is possible as long as everyone shows up and enters with me.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:17 PM

60 posts, read 175,188 times
You can buy tickets and have anyone come with you, whether or not you reside at the same address. The condition is that you have to pick up the tickets at will call with an ID and the credit card used to purchase the tickets. You cannot go back into the parking lot, or anywhere else, once you've purchased the tickets - straight into the gates is all they will allow you to do. Did this last year for the Broncos games and had a fabulous time. Just gotta be quick with the purchases.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:24 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
I have been buying them for years no problem but this year the news about them is everywhere so might be hard to get. Kind of wish it was kept more quiet.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
The half price tickets are a new stadium thing. You have to buy them and go straight in.

When the Broncos are hot, it's nice to be a season ticket holder. I've had tickets for over 20 years. The Mile High Stadium years were awesome - I got to see Elway's last game in Denver (AFC Championship game). I should scalp my tickets now while I can. Maybe I could make back the money I lost when the Broncos were bad and I couldn't sell them for face value.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:39 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
As expected all pretty much gone within an hour. They do it because the state insisted they do it in order to get public funding for the new stadium, not aware of any other NFL team which does it.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayinco View Post
You can buy tickets and have anyone come with you, whether or not you reside at the same address. The condition is that you have to pick up the tickets at will call with an ID and the credit card used to purchase the tickets. You cannot go back into the parking lot, or anywhere else, once you've purchased the tickets - straight into the gates is all they will allow you to do. Did this last year for the Broncos games and had a fabulous time. Just gotta be quick with the purchases.
Thanks, that's how I recall it when the wife and I went to see the Redskins game back in '05(?). Nosebleed seats but it was a great time. At that time it was $40 to park a car there.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Reading this thread made me remember that I have not yet received my tickets in the mail yet so I called and they will be here by the end of the month. I can't wait for this season to start as I think they have a good chance to make it to the superbowl!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
I got half price tixs, tried for the redskins game in October, got them for the chargers!

I was at Joe T's last ever game, courtesy of Joe himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado