Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2006, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,598 times

Advertisements

My husband is being transfered to Lamar early next year and I am hoping to find more information on the area. From what I have been able to find so far I am concerned about finding rental housing in such a rural area. He would be willing to commute so nearby towns like Las Animas might work as well, but I am not seeing much online.

Can anyone from the area give me a better idea on where to start looking? I will be taking several trip before we move to look at different towns. We would want at least a 2 bedroom house or apartment that would allow dogs.

Now I know the little information in this forum on the SE has been discouraging to say the least, but we are optimists. There may not be a lot of culture and modern convienences there, but we are hoping that our love of camping and hiking will help us enjoy the area. Please don't ruin my lovely images of summer farmers markets, and day trips exploring local historic areas ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,608 times
I am surprised know one has replyed to your thread. I have lived in Lamar and the surrounding area most of my life and would never be able to call anywhere else home. There should be no problem finding rental property in the town itself or a home to buy as since our bus plant Neoplan closed down we had quite a few people leave the area. Although we are supposed to get another bus company in the near future which will bring more people back. I would look for rental property in our local paper "The Lamar Daily News" which would be a good place to start. If you like camping and fishing this is the place to come. Our family does a lot of it we have great fishing in the area!

Hope this helps a little!

Lamar

Old 01-05-2007, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 5,534 times
Smile Lamar Rental homes/Lamar Daily News

Hey there! My family is also moving to Lamar, Co...job transfer. I looked up Lamar Daily News and cannot find a classified section. Do you know another route to find rental homes in Lamar? We also cannot find anything online about rental homes.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: