Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,007,741 times

Advertisements

Colorado^ wrote: Heck, the chocolate milk and mac and cheese they serve the kids at lunch are, in the long term, far more addictive and dangerious to your health than pot (obesity is a killer) .

Someone posted a great picture on my facebook page just recently. It showed a BIG Mac and the MacDonalds Arches in the background, with the caption....CHILD ABUSE! Truth is, allowing your kids to eat stuff like that really is child abuse. Hormone laced crap like that will do far more long term damage to the health of youngsters than a little bit of pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:08 AM

802 posts, read 984,886 times
you can bet that the drug task force "experts" have interviewed all the cannabis kids to find out exactly where their supply is coming from. most likely from cartels dumping their supplies to the gangs who then use their wannabe junior members to dump it at fire sale prices to the schools and malls. all in preparation for the black market collapse that may come with the rec shops opening in Jan. if so, the task forces may be allowing it so as to fuel the media reporting and consequent prohibition propaganda. they are hoping for a huge public backlash and rec shop clampdown. typical law enforcement games. if they had evidence pointing to the med shops diverting their supplies or home grow diversions, there would be major media event busts.

Anslinger and the G-men perfected these games in the 30's. several generations of cops have learned the craft since. now that investigative journalism is dead, the secrets will stay secret until some whistleblowers surface.

Last edited by highplainsrus; 11-13-2013 at 07:35 AM..

Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM

@highplainsrus: It looks like you hit the nail on the head with your post above.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 AM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
It looks more like he hit the bong with his lips. Paranoid much?

Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM

802 posts, read 984,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It looks more like he hit the bong with his lips. Paranoid much?
only the normal amount from having a criminal attorney father who also had prosecutor experience and played the games from both sides. the public has a certain naivete when authority figures are involved and the media plays along with them to maintain their inside contacts.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,113,206 times
The increased probability of one individual ABUSING a legal product (pot, booze, guns, fast food, 20-oz soda, etc.) is never an excuse to deprive another individual from RESPONSIBLY using the same product. Period. If this were true, no sort of recreation would be legal, and we'd live in a very boring, oppressive country.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM

599 posts, read 953,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
And we did.

And we did.

And we did.

And we did.

So, your point is what?
The point is that possible negative repercussions of a change do not by themselves mean we should not implement public policy or societal change. Nothing is 100% positive.

If you quadruple the supply of any consumable, I would assume some of that will end up in every corner of society. Food, drink, prescription drugs, marijuana. The consumption of microbrews has skyrocketed in the past 20 years. I guarantee some of that has spilled over to those under 21. I guess we should all start ranting and raving about closing local breweries. Or not.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:01 PM

20,406 posts, read 14,689,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Something like 10% of folks are potential alcoholic and something like another 10% are potential hard drinkers. That leaves 80% of folks who are teetotalers or CAN handle and enjoy their booze.

^

I don't know if you're addressing me or not. I'm not reacting to whether anyone is pro-drug or pro-booze in here, I was just stating facts. I am taking note, however, that some folks compare weed to alcohol and try to state how dangerous alcohol is in comparison. I'm just stating that as a whole, alcohol is getting a bad rap by the very few that abuse it. Many folks don't, but they don't lead the headlines either.

Yeah.... And yet every time I go to a bar to shoot pool, there are drunk people being really loud, obnoxious, starting fights, and getting into sexual situations they might not if sober. Well, darn near every time.

Pot smokers I have seen and known chill, laugh, waste loads of time on basically nothing, or else function pretty much in a way where you can't even tell they're on it (the kind that use it as a daily self-med thing, not a rec thing.)

Alcohol scares the bajeezus out of me. My dad kicked holes in walls and tried to choke my Mom--while drunk. Excuse/apology? Sorry, I was drunk. My husband recently got drunk enough to threaten to burn our house down and kill himself. Sober, he's pretty level headed and our lives are great. Drunk...who knows. The incident all began because my son left a pair of shorts on the hall floor, and (because he was so drunk he couldn't stand up straight) escalated into that. If he'd been stoned, he wouldn't have even cared.

So while statistics and percentages might be on your side, and by the way where do those numbers come from, I was never surveyed, and who paid for the "studies?"...not saying your position is invalid, but am saying these are ALWAYS questions that need asking....the heaps of unscientific anecdotal evidence I've witnessed with my own eyes have formed my opinion. Alcohol terrifies me. Pot is "meh whatever, it was fun when I was like...15. Now I have things to do, ain't nobody got time for that!"

Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 PM

McGowdog wrote: It looks more like he hit the bong with his lips. Paranoid much?

I saw no paranoia in the post ( #22 ) written by highplainsrus that you responed to. What I did see was someone who is not easily fooled by the lamestream media, whose function is to support the agenda of the rich SOB 1% ers who own the media, and spin their manipulative, brainwashing lies to influence all of the fools who actually believe the nonsense they spew forth.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah.... And yet every time I go to a bar to shoot pool, there are drunk people being really loud, obnoxious, starting fights, and getting into sexual situations they might not if sober...
The bar I went to, there was a lot of pool playing, a lot of drinking, but not so much fights started. There may have been sexual situations... hopefully. That was the goal for some of us most of the time. Loud, obnoxious, etc. Yeah, sure. If you're not enjoying your sinning, you're doing it wrong.

But that kind of drinking and that bar hopping is off a lot of folks' radar, folks who control and enjoy their drinking.

Quote:
My dad kicked holes in walls and tried to choke my Mom--while drunk. Excuse/apology? Sorry, I was drunk. My husband recently got drunk enough to threaten to burn our house down and kill himself.
Sorry it was that way for you. My dad used to get drunk and loud, sometimes mean, and sometimes he didn't come home after work. So my mom would pack us kids into the car and go find which bar my dad decided to stop in and she'd beat the you-know-what out of him until he submitted and came home with us. Didn't happen everytime. But my mom and dad both drank like fish for many years. I got sober, then months later, my dad put the stuff down, now my mom doesn't drink either.

But there was a time when my then 17 year old bro Mark came home high on something, and he punched holes in the wall and threatened my dad. My dad had to knock him out and grabbed us and we left the house. Drama.

Quote:
So while statistics and percentages might be on your side, and by the way where do those numbers come from, I was never surveyed, and who paid for the "studies?"...not saying your position is invalid, but am saying these are ALWAYS questions that need asking...
Believe me, the numbers are legit. I've been fascinated with the abuse of alcohol and recovery thereof since about 1984. You do the research, grab your peer backed studies, compare notes, excel chart it, and you should come up with what I posted above. I didn't just grab those numbers out of thin air.

I too tried to control my drinking or not-drinking booze by using weed, acid, shrooms, cocaine, speed... of all of those goodies, I preferred acid the most. I could control and enjoy my trips like nobody. Weed made me groggy, lazy, and foggy.

There's nothing like the natural high, imo, and ime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado