Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 04:48 PM

10 posts, read 40,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piblokto View Post
KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1) Current City and State = Houston, TX

2) Why do you want to leave = Pollution, Crime, Traffic, Rat Race, Illegals, Heat, Humidity, Lack of Green Space, Ugly City, Crummy Schools

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Colorado Springs...b/c I found my dream job there, it is beautiful, clean, there is plenty of outdoor activities, the summer weather is awesome (I'll wait and see on the winter stuff...it will be new to me, but I like the cold).

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = North/South Carolina, Tennessee

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Nothing, I'm coming July 08

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we don't know? Can't wait to get there and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Lord, dont move to SC, thats where we are trying to get away from!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 06:58 PM

14 posts, read 45,851 times
1) Current state and city: Alpharetta, GA
2) Why do you want to leave: Horrendous traffic on every expressway and major road, judgmental/superficial/closed-minded people, high state budget deficit, bad job market, Blue Laws, code orange smog alerts, huge insects, and lazy governor who doesn't know or care to run this state efficiently and properly
3) Where in Colorado and why? Longmont, because my friend lives there and is letting me room with him
4) 2nd and 3rd places: Raleigh, North Carolina and Richmond, Virginia
5) What's currently holding me back from moving = lack of money, dumpy job market, family and most friends live here, more expensive in CO
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we don't know? I don't know how to ski, and I can't speak Sanskrit or Italian.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:52 AM

33 posts, read 118,573 times
Default Colorado bound... again

1) Current City and State = Washington DC (Northern VA specifically)

2) Why do you want to leave = husband is from CA and I'm from VA - CO is a compromise - bigger mountains; west-coast attitude (much more relaxed than the rat-race in NoVA); be around like-minded people that enjoy outdoor activities (camping, hiking, RVing, SKIING, etc.); good place to raise a family (so is NoVA) but CO appears to have more emphasis on living life

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Castle Rock, Castle Pines (not the $1M homes) or Highland Ranch

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon or Washington (proximity to the Ocean would be nice but being all the way on the West Coast may be too far for me)

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = my family; our friends; bad real estate market; need to find a CO job (I know - good luck with that)

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = we were transferred with work to CO Springs (lived in Castle Rock) for 2 months in 2006 but the deal fell thru and we moved back to VA; definitely gun-shy but keep having this feeling thats drawing us back to Colorado.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 AM

87 posts, read 261,592 times
1) Current City and State = Mesquite, Texas

2) Why do you want to leave = love the mountains; Texas is too freakin hot

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Fort Garland - own property in Forbes Park that we plan to build on when we retire

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Wyoming, Texas

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = $$$ / retirement age

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = used to live around Denver (when I was very young) - the mountains imprinted on me and Colorado feels more like home than anywhere else I've ever lived

Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 AM

18 posts, read 40,222 times
1) Current City and State =Brea, CA (Orange Cty)

2) Why do you want to leave =schools, taxes are too high, less and less english speakers, traffic, too many liberals

3) Where In Colorado and Why =Monument, COS, or Castle Rock

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =Washington

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =Have to sell the house first

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =

Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM

24 posts, read 68,255 times
Currently in UK

Expensive, rubbish weather, no money as everything expensive and keeps rising.....always loved the states on previouse visits. My husband goes to colorado at least 5 times a year for work and raves about it.

Somewhere around Longmont...any ideas would be great as just getting started with this.

No other states possible as yet....

Selling our house in England which is taking forever, making sure my husband can transfer with same company.

Married with two girls aged 8 and 5. Would love info on best areas in and around Longmont, best schools etc. Would also love to know what grades/schools my kids would go into (elementary, middlet etc) as dont have a clue.

Thank you

Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,965,291 times
I'm sure these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuck View Post
less and less english speakers,...too many liberals
really bring down your quality of life.

Those (IMO) are the wrong reasons to move. The traffic one is a good one, however, but moving to Castle Rock, Monument or parts of CS won't help that much, if you need to work somewhere.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 AM

31 posts, read 92,425 times
1) Current City and State = Rockland County, NY (NYC suburb)

2) Why do you want to leave = No mountains, poor public transportation, not "single friendly", nothing to do

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Loveland because it is close to Rocky Mountain National Park but also accessible to Fort Collins, Denver and Boulder.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Wyoming, Montana

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = #1 is fear, because I'd know no one out there and would be going it alone. I'd also need the money to move, and (of course) a job lined up.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I've dreamed of moving to Colorado for years, even though I've never even been to visit. I love the mountains and the West has always appealed to me. I've lived on the East Coast all my life and hate it.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM

8 posts, read 32,282 times
1) Current City and State = Wasilla, Alaska

2) Why do you want to leave = Winters are too long as I get older and I'm not dealing with them very well, too isolated, can't pursue all the different horse and dog activites I want to do, cost of living is getting too expensive, I'm really ready for someplace warmer, just time to move on.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Colorago Springs/Pueblo area

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon, Oklahoma

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Economic factors, jobs, the logistics of moving a household, 11 dogs, and 5 horses several thousand miles.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM

399 posts, read 1,550,956 times
Default Left Key West Florida the day after Labor Day, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFLIGHTS View Post
I thought I start this thread because there seems to be a flood of people wanting to move to the Centennial State. I too am GUILTY of that! I figured this would be great for us newbie’s who want to move but would also like to see what other possible movers are thinking.

KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1) Current City and State =

2) Why do you want to leave =

3) Where In Colorado and Why =

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =

Already moved here last September, but my insight is still that of a "newbie"

1. Sept 1st, 2008: Key West, FL

2. Small island, overwhelming tourists, time to move on and see something different, mountain person, closer to home.

3. Colorado springs was first choice, but person renting changed mind while I was driving through Kansas...Denver cause I knew a friend there and jobs more plentiful in bigger city.

4. Asheville, NC, and also Portland, OR

5. Hurricanes affecting income were holding me back, as well as loving my job for the first time in my life. I was a Ghost Tour guide in Key West, and it was lucrative and fun.

6. The grass is always greener. My "friend" whom I was looking forward to sharing my immersion with never called back, after 6 years of being a friend, disappeared off the face of the earth.

While I'm not here to curb anyone's dreams, check into things first. Denver has issues just like anybody else. Another 300 people just in one company lost jobs here last week, and that company's been around since 1859, the Rocky Mountain News. It's a zoo everywhere, but you're in the wild now for sure...

I don't regret leaving Key West for Denver, I do miss knowing more friendly, sunnier people though. The outdoors here are beautiful, picturesque...for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado