Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 11:42 PM

4 posts, read 12,143 times

Advertisements

1) Current City and State = Apache Junction, Arizona

2) Why do you want to leave = The American Dream has taken over our rural life

3) Where In Colorado and Why = SW Corner, Close to Daughter, and offers the best of high desert and mountain living. It's rural and friendly and ranch land.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = If It were not for my daughter, I would move to New Mexico.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = I'm moving end of June

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I'm a massage therapist and own horses, I hope to rent a piece of porperty where I can live a sustainable lifestyle with my horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 PM

204 posts, read 618,171 times
1) Current City and State = sw Ohio

2) Why do you want to leave = don't like hot, humid summers, area too crowded and suburbanized, lack of outdoor recreational opportunities, want to move to an area where eating at chain restaurants and shopping are not the main activities.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = for outdoor recreational opportunities and a better climate, not sure what areas....perhaps Canon City or Salida.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =northern Michigan

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =Husband retires in 6 mos., then nothing.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I feel guilty telling people I want an unspoiled natural area. I don't want to be part of what takes a once wonderful location down.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM

138 posts, read 340,004 times
1) Current City and State = Dedham Mass

2) Why do you want to leave = High taxes, High Insurance rates, impossible to get a job, government can't spend money correctly, too crowded, etc.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Pueblo, Co. A house for $40,000? People keep telling me I must be on crack.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = New Mexico (Northern around Taos) and Arizona.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Job, need degree first.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,890,627 times
1) Current City and State = Fayetteville, Arkansas

2) Why do you want to leave = Traffic is insane, non stop construction, crowds, humidity

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Western slope around Ridgway or Montrose. Small town, no humidity, snow.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = None

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Nothing. If I can sell my house I'm gone!

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I'm retired. I want to explore!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,018,575 times
1) Current City and State = Dallas texas

2) Why do you want to leave = Too HOT, I was forced to learn two new languages, ugly, flat, backwards, tornados, bible belt, HELL

3) Where In Colorado and Why = I am from Colorado!!!!

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon, CT

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = a J O B

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Yes.. Please get me the *&^% out of Texas! I learned my lesson.. Cheaper cost of living isn't worth it

Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM

324 posts, read 574,186 times
1) Current City and State = close to Indianapolis Indiana

2) Why do you want to leave = Too many muggy days in summer, cloudy/wet winter is worsening my medical problems; Indiana is flat, which means very poor opportunities for outdoor life (like enjoyable hiking)

3) Where In Colorado and Why = probably around Denver, so my wife could have a decent choice of the job opportunities there (healthcare professional)

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon, maybe Utah?

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = we'll have to sell our house (hopefully sometime next year)

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = We have spent too much time (23 years) in boring Indiana, and we don't want to spent the rest of our lives here.
We love hiking in nice mountain setting, and always had to travel (fly!) way out of Indiana for it. Once in Colorado, it'll be matter of 1-2 hours of driving.
Looking forward to Colorado sunny weather and to spending some time in Rockies!

Last edited by paulpan; 07-19-2009 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,301,699 times
1)Current City and State = San Antonio, TX

2)Why do you want to leave = hot, humid, no "seasons", IMO not that pretty, and did I mention yet, HOT? Forced to stay indoors several months a year. Culturally just meh. Not "diverse" despite claims to the contrary.

3)Where In Colorado and Why = not sure on where. Plenty of "whys". Plan to attend CU so that narrows it down some. Mountain views, snow in winter, breathtaking landscape, changing seasons, higher levels of education in the population, and family in Westminster and Lakewood. Plus if we have to drive, it's about 15 hours to drive back here for visiting family still in TX. Could be worse.

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = MA but could never afford. GA was on the list but is now off.

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = finishing degree at community college so I can transfer to CU, clearing out and fixing up house to sell (we have a lot of crap!)

6)Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? Well you know if you read other posts. Lesbian couple, 3 kids, full time students, completely IN LOVE with CO. When my mom spent 2 weeks there, she called me and said "You would LOVE it here, you should move to CO!"... said it was just "me". So when we went, our reaction was "OMG, why the hell do we still live in TEXAS!?" Life is too short, I have lived in Texas all my life and never liked it. why stay?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:10 PM

612 posts, read 1,844,517 times
1) Current City and State = Overland Park, KS

2) Why do you want to leave = Pretty boring, no real scenery

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Near Denver (Littleton or Castle Rock). I have family members living there and I've lived there briefly.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Texas & Arizona

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Health and money

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =

Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 PM

38 posts, read 101,577 times
1) Current City and State = Louisville, KY

2) Why do you want to leave = Nothing to do in the winter and no mountains.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Pagosa Springs because I have been going there since I was born and my family owns property on the Upper 84 but for certain reasons (loooooooong story) the property is not available to us any longer. (Foreclosure is NOT the reason).

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon and I don't think I have a third place.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = My husband's career.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I was born in CO so I guess it is just in my blood! Also if you know of anyone looking for a healthcare IT exec let me know!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 PM

6 posts, read 13,099 times
1) Current City and State = Florida Keys

2) Why do you want to leave = Humidity, Heat and lack of theater and pro sports and shopping within reasonable distance.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Eastern Slope. close to everything in #2 above but not living in city. close to mountains but not in them. small to medium size community for a community type feeling.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = none

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = nothing but the final decision on which town to choose. Going to rent in different towns for the summers over the next few years to get the feel.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = retired and tired of being locked up in airconditioning all day long.

Any advice you guys would like to offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado