Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM

9 posts, read 131,244 times

Advertisements

1) Current City and State = Youngstown, Ohio

2) Why do you want to leave = I love Ohio, but I am an art teacher and jobs are hard to find. Plus where I live there isn't a lot stuff to do or people around my age (mid-to late 20s) I just need a change of scene

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Hopefully the Fort Collins area. I worked near there at a camp in the summer and I loved the area. Plus I want to get my masters in Printmaking and CSU has a program

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = not really anywhere else, Oregon maybe

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = I have a teaching position here, can't move till school year ends, plus I have no job lined up in Colorado

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix dog whom I love but because of his breed it makes finding apartments and cities that allow him difficult. So anyone who has a pit bull type dog who lives in Colorado I would love some help on where to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
[1) Current City and State = Germany

2) Why do you want to leave = Retirement when job ends

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Colorado Springs; we lived there in the '80s and have always wanted to return.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Texas, Oklahoma

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = want to max out the SS, and put a bit more away before making the jump (and wait for house prices to drop).

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = we've traveled all our lives and are looking for a place to settle. We don't want to have to keep saying "goodbye" to good friends.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:15 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,382,594 times
1) Current city and state- Ashtabula ohio

2)Why do you want to leave?- It's the hands down worst place to live in ohio. It's uninhabitable 6 months out of the year due to bucketloads of lake effect snow(clashcityrocker ought to know) There are no jobs, the govt. is a joke, the city is falling apart, and 50% of the cities residents are on welfare and smoke crack or meth

3)Where in Colorado and why?- Colorado Springs. I was born there and lived there until I was 8, when do to a divorce, I was forced to move to this hellhole. I have unlimited job opportunnities in my field in COS.

4)2nd and 3rd place states- NONE. I have my heart set

5)whats holding you back from moving- Trying to save about $5000 for the move. Costs alot to hire professional movers to go 1500 miles with your stuff.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we don't know? I have to dogs that I love like children, and I may have to sadly part with one of them to make the move. I can't find a house or apt. to rent that will accept 2 dogs, even with a deposit.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 AM

11 posts, read 29,261 times
1) Current City and State = Anchorage, AK

2) Why do you want to leave = Tired of the cold and endless darkness in the winter (dark from 3:30 in the afternoon until 10:30 the next morning for most of Nov - Jan). Family back east, very expensive and time consuming to visit (takes a minimum of 12 hours just in flying time), but we came here from Virginia (just outside DC) and have decided that we don't really want to go back there.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Denver. That's where my spouse can transfer. In addition, I have cousins in the area that I have not known/seen in YEARS and I welcome the opportunity to reconnect. We are both from small families and I think it would be great for our kids to grow up near cousins their own ages.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = We were considering Washington State (Seattle) and Portland, but right now it's a bird in the hand, no way to know if we would get one of the other positions.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = We will probably accept the offer next week.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = We love the mountains, hiking, skiing, generally any outdoors activity. We would like to move somewhere with good schools, decent cost of living, opportunity to make real connections (we are willing to make the effort), and somewhere we can stay until the kids get out of school (youngest will be in 3rd grade to start next fall). We've lived in high desert before and loved it (Reno). Wouldn't have left except for family pull. We are really excited about the possibilities.

Please look for additional posts soon as I am full of questions and this seems like a very friendly and knowledgeable group.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Please look for additional posts soon as I am full of questions and this seems like a very friendly and knowledgeable group.
Thanks. I think we all try to be helpful, in our own ways.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:44 AM

911 posts, read 2,158,018 times
KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1) Current City and State = Rhinelander, WI

2) Why do you want to leave = iferior schools, health care, activities, climate, people (lol jk), and i miss CO!

3) Where In Colorado and Why = front range, hopefully either Littleton area or Evergreen/Conifer area. Littleton b/c it's near alot of things that interest us, the latter b/c it's what i know, and i know i love it.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Washington, New Mexico

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = getting my house packed and job hunting

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? anyone know of an acceptible way to break a lease?? :/

Old 02-17-2008, 05:21 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,382,594 times
yeah, you can find somone else to take over it

Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
At worst, buy it out.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 PM

19 posts, read 82,159 times
1) Current City and State = Corona, CA

2) Why do you want to leave = Never planned on staying in SoCal long term; want to settle down and raise a family in a better environment

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Was set on Monument, but have recently discovered Larkspur.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Washington (where I'm from), NorCal (family)
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = getting sufficient job experience at our current jobs, selling/renting our house and finding a job in Denver/Colorado Springs

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? If anyone has more information on Larkspur, I'd love to ask them some questions!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 29,261 times
MKyz-

Here is a thread all about Larkspur. Hope it helps.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/color...-colorado.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado