Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 01:16 PM

88 posts, read 437,496 times

Advertisements

I will be picking up my wife and kids from their visit home to Parker Colorado and she has dropped the big" I want to move back home". I have waited for years to here her say this. Now that she has I am scared to leave all that I have worked so hard to build, Friends, good job, nice home. It is expensive here to live and I would lower my net Debt by 63%, but I am worried about the job market in Colorado? Can a construction manager that has years of experiance building the biggest and hardest projects make $100 K a year there? This would be a big cut in pay compaired to what I make here but my change in home payment would erase that difference. 1. is 100 K a year do able for a top notch construction manager that can build anything?
2. Wil Colorado continue to grow and keep me employed?
Any advice would be a help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 PM

136 posts, read 741,971 times
I completely understand your worries because I am in the same boat with you. I live in San Jose now and have thought and planned to move to Denver for quite a while. Even I don't have the job issus as you have, but still this seems the most difficult decision to make in my entire life. Sorry I couldn't answer your questions, but I can tell you this:
1. To move from CA to CO, you have to know and to prepare that you will sacrifice something. You can't gain everthing by the move. Otherwise, half of Californian have already moved to CO.
2. Test the job market of your field in CO yourself. To make the move, you should be financially ready, IMO.

Good luck!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 PM

423 posts, read 1,960,333 times
This is only a prediction but I believe that our market here in Colorado is going to drastically pick back up. There is still a lot of building going on along the front range, but with interest rates dropping to a new low in the last week I think the market is going to pick up again. I just talked to my mortgage professional today and he too agrees with this. If history repeats itself this is going to be a great year for everyone in this kind of business!!! As you know it will take a little time to build your business back up here since you are starting over. Like missingcolo said just be sure you are ready financially to take that step. What do you speacialize in?

Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,974 times
There has been quite a bit of commercial construction in the Front Range. I have not seen as much residential. I assume that every community has shifts in your profession. Have you contacted some of the cities to see what their projected growth is? Have you contacted some of the major commercial real estate companies to see what their projections are? If you like, I can try to get you some of this information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado