Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 10:18 AM

17 posts, read 14,436 times

Advertisements

This is completely up my alley. Thank you! I am saving this for when I get there. Looks awesome haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 12:35 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,393,460 times
I see that group out all the time. This would be a great intro run for a newcomer. You get to see the downtown commercial district, Monument Valley, one of our first parks, Colorado College, one of the oldest universities in the state, and the original residential area of the city that is full of some grand Victorian homes.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:30 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,091,425 times
What city are you moving from in Florida? I just came back from a short trip from Denver and it did not give me the big city dense feel. I live in Tampa, and not the biggest city in Florida either. You trying to get away from the heat?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:35 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
What city are you moving from in Florida? I just came back from a short trip from Denver and it did not give me the big city dense feel. I live in Tampa, and not the biggest city in Florida either. You trying to get away from the heat?
You also didn’t make it in to the city. You were in the outskirts.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:53 AM

Yeah! I actually live in St Petersburg right outside of Tampa, Its a very small city here. I grew up near New York City so Denver obviously is tiny comapred to that. Denver is a very cute city but I would rather be out in the nature and just day trip to Denver for shows and stuff. Florida is beautiful but I grew up with fall, snow and the seasons and I am just ready for a more beautiful version of that, and Colorado hits it all for me.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:54 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,091,425 times
Yeah all the new comers I think head to St.Pete. Its nice and closer to the beach than Tampa. Good luck with Colorado. I just cant part ways with the coast.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:50 AM

91 posts, read 149,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Don't plan on commuting between Denver and C/S either- it is getting worse DAILY even though some newbies say "it is still not as bad as where I came from".

Last Sun. night it took an hour to get from Larkspur to Monument since there was an accident near Greenland- you see more of this every day due to the massive influx of people who are checking out their Facebook accounts and NOT PAYING ATTENTION to driving!
Oh my heavens yes!!! That drive is a nightmare despite 86 or 105! My husband used to work in the south Tech Center and we had enough! 3 years ago it was a 35 minute commute...now it is ridiculous. I swear people are either driving 90 or it is a dead stop (because idiots driving 90 and looking at their phones got in an accident).

Old 05-13-2018, 08:23 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
While Denver is not big city like NJ or FL, would you prefer big city or medium city? In CO, Denver is big city. COS is medium.
Denver is actually larger than any city in FL except Jacksonville, and by a pretty good margin. That's just the city of Denver, not the whole metro area.

If we're talking metro areas, Denver is still larger (if Boulder is included) than anything in FL except the Miami metro area. It is just about even with the Tampa-St Pete area, but having just moved from there last year, I can tell you that Denver feels larger than Tampa, more like a big city (possibly because Tampa and St Pete are separated by the Bay, more broken up)

Old 05-14-2018, 04:19 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,732 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougoleahcoco View Post
Yeah! I actually live in St Petersburg right outside of Tampa, .... Denver is a very cute city but I would rather be out in the nature and just day trip to Denver for shows and stuff. ...d Colorado hits it all for me.
Consider Western Slope (I like Carbondale / Glenwood Springs area for access to lots of wilderness and decent services/ Alamosa or Gunnison if you can be a bit more remote, Smaller towns in Durango direction farther yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Yeah all the new comers I think head to St.Pete. Its nice and closer to the beach than Tampa. Good luck with Colorado. I just cant part ways with the coast.
You CAN do the beach for $29 - $49 DEN flights to San Diego (Spirit / Frontier / SWA) sale dates.
(no bags on the econo carriers), but you don't need bags for San Diego, just tuck in some shorts and flip-flops and go to the beach (Airport is a couple minutes from the beach), no rental car or hotel needed. Go for a day trip or get creative!

Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM

Thank you for this information! I didn't even think of all the closer new places I will be able to adventure like San Diego, great to know. I noticed CO Springs airport has some decent routes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado