Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times

Advertisements

Golden22, live where you wish, you only live once. If the mother of all economic cataclysms does befall us, you may as well be where you WANT to be, it will be doomy and gloomy everywhere. Until then, party on and enjoy.

s/mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:16 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Jazzlover wrote:
Readers should know that if, in fact, I'm right about this, I take no pleasure in it. I hate seeing innocent folks getting hammered as much or more than anybody.
Thanks for sharing that part of yourself. I thought that was the case, but now I'm sure.

Mike from back east wrote:
Golden22, live where you wish, you only live once.
Thanks for sharing the bright side! It makes for a nice balance in this thread.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 PM

31 posts, read 151,040 times
Many thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I realize that everyone will have their own opinion based on their experiences and I honestly think it's really what you make of it.

I am looking forward to a change of where we have been for the past 5 yrs. We feel like Colorado is for us, and are very excited about our potential move. We were also looking at Colorado Springs for awhile, but it looks like this job will bring us to Montrose.

Thanks again!

Old 11-09-2007, 04:35 PM

63 posts, read 334,224 times
Default Golden .. come on down!

Take a look at the Montrose Area and decide for yourself...

It is a GREAT place to live.

schools info.

Montrose County School District-index.cfm

City Info

City of Montrose Colorado

Montrose Chamber

Montrose Chamber of Commerce Home Page

Drop me a line

HM

Old 11-11-2007, 07:19 PM

79 posts, read 288,185 times
I have two kids right about the same age as yours. There is a great swim team and two different gymnastic gyms. The elementary school my kids attend is fantastic. It's a great place for a family IMO.

ShellKing

Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM

63 posts, read 334,224 times
Yes SHELL I do agree...

HM

Old 11-17-2007, 11:46 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,811 times
I grew up in Montrose. It was a great place for kids when I was one back in the 70s. I would imagine that is still true. You have some of the best outodoor recreation opportunities in the country on your doorstep.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM

What about the winters there? Is it more of a mild winter? I guess I should say "mild" in comparison to Indiana winters? We get prob on average, 2-3 good snow storms a year - a snow storm here might be 6-9". It does get pretty cold at times...below zero etc. How are the temps in the Montrose area?

Thanks once again

Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM

sorry, I do have another question...

Can you tell me much about the housing market there? Are houses moving much? We are a experiencing a little sticker shock on what the house values are showing on realtor.com. The cost of living must be a bit higher than it is here in Indiana. We would love at least 1/2 acre, 4bedroom (3 would work)...minimum 2100 sq ft. It seems anything close to this will be over 300K.

It also seems that basements are a little rare for anything under 300k..??

Thanks!!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:24 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden22 View Post
sorry, I do have another question...

Can you tell me much about the housing market there? Are houses moving much? We are a experiencing a little sticker shock on what the house values are showing on realtor.com. The cost of living must be a bit higher than it is here in Indiana. We would love at least 1/2 acre, 4bedroom (3 would work)...minimum 2100 sq ft. It seems anything close to this will be over 300K.

It also seems that basements are a little rare for anything under 300k..??

Thanks!!
Real estate in Montrose has gotten pretty overpriced, especially compared to local incomes (check my other posts on this). I have heard from some people I know who are close to the real estate market in Montrose that it is starting to hurt some. I don't think prices have started to really decline yet (I think that they need to, personally), but average time-on-market is climbing. I know some people who are trying to sell a house in the area that just cut their price after having no lookers at their house in 3 months. It was priced at an August 2007 appraisal, but obviously wasn't going to sell at that price anytime soon. Basements are not real common in Montrose or Delta areas. Most houses are built on slabs.

By the way, about 10 or so years ago you could have bought the kind of property you want around Montrose pretty easily for $150K or so. Prices have about doubled since then. I guarantee you wages have not . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado