Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:42 AM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I was able to get a person on the phone this morning and she directed me to the same bunch of sites. It is very clumsy and clunky in design. Got no answer to my two emails.

I am starting the official process this week with a fingerprint check and then should be able to use the online application. Tempted to can the whole thing but a former coworker reminded me that it took more effort to get the license years ago and not to let it go. Thanks for your help!

Now if only you could arrange for the new Telluride Medical Center to be sited/approved/built/opened. That's where I hoped to pick up and shift a week or so in retirement. It was supposed to open this past spring, and it still doesn't have an approved site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 07:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I just got an email about renewing my license from DORA. Here is the number on the email: P 303.894.7800|

Good luck!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:03 PM

Thank you, I've called that number. Am getting my fingerprints done on Friday and then should be able to apply online. My former state, Massachusetts, is infamous for taking forever, losing paperwork, etc. etc. Good thing I'm not in a hurry!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Thank you, I've called that number. Am getting my fingerprints done on Friday and then should be able to apply online. My former state, Massachusetts, is infamous for taking forever, losing paperwork, etc. etc. Good thing I'm not in a hurry!
Good luck!

Old 09-06-2018, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 624 times
Default Instructions

Hi, I'm an RN as well who transferred out of state (NC) last year. The application process is pretty easy, and DORA has been great about contacting via email if they were missing anything.

As far as the application packet, there is a checklist that walks you through every step of the application process, and it's located on DORA Nursing site under RN forms: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dor...lications_Docs ( link to the checklist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...9jeTBHcDg/view )

First step is to apply online, for which you'll need to register on DORA site. The link is found under RN forms "Registered Nurse - Original License by Examination or Endorsement (Apply Online)". When you click on it, it you need to register. Then, once logged in to the dashboard, you'll click on a button "Apply for a NEW license". This button will take you to a list of all occupations; you'll need to scroll down to "Nursing Applications" and expand it. There will be RN and next to it "Start". Once you click on start, this will allow you to apply online. As I recall, you just follow the steps.

They do require for you to verify your current RN license. Massachusetts is part pf Nursys site https://www.nursys.com. On front page, you'll need to scroll down to the very bottom of the page with a large green box "Nurse License Verification for Endorsement" and follow the prompts. I remember it took a little while. Once you get verification, I think there is a part in the license application process where you may need to answer whether you got license verification yet.

Now that Colorado is a part of enhanced nurse licensure compact, you will need to obtain fingerprints and a background check to obtain license in CO. Here is DORA link with all the info: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/Nursing_Compact, and on this website there is a checklist too (https://drive.google.com/file/d/105m...2W5L_jYjm/view). I had to follow this as I got CO license fairly recently.

Again, CO DORA people were helpful at contacting me via email to let me know if they were missing anything, so once you apply online, things will move forward. Since MA is non-compact state, you will not lose that license.

Edit: Sorry, did not see the second page of comments! You are on it it sounds like!!!

Last edited by GenRose57; 09-06-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Thank you. I sent off my fingerprints to CBI last week. I think the big obstacle might be the Mass. verification. I hear they are not very fast, but then, I am in no hurry. There's no job for miles around where I moved and I am only getting the license in CO as a sort of mental back up.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Fingerprints came back, have to be redone, the local police didn't do it right. Or something. Then I have to get another cashier's check for the fingerprints. Getting tempted to skip the whole thing.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:27 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Quote:
Fingerprints came back, have to be redone, the local police didn't do it right. Or something. Then I have to get another cashier's check for the fingerprints. Getting tempted to skip the whole thing.

Go to Montrose sheriffs office and have them done there. I would do them for you but I'm not exactly certified in this state.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, Jim. I thought I'd try Ouray next. Where is the Montrose office, please?

Old 09-10-2018, 06:51 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion, Jim. I thought I'd try Ouray next. Where is the Montrose office, please?

I would call Montrose Sheriff explain Ridgway marshal screwed your prints up and see if they'll reprint you. I wouldn't waste time going to Ouray. These smaller departments don't have the expertise, and if Montrose can print you on AFIS, they will be perfect.

1200 North Grand Avenue
Montrose, CO 81401

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm

Non Emergency

Ph: 970- 252-4023
Ph: 970- 249-6606
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado