Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 AM

11,155 posts, read 7,218,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage_50 View Post
It's been proven that those who identify with the democratic party are far more educated than the other side...It's well-known and proven.
It's easy to see if one has his/her eyes open, brain plugged in, and can resist being a puppet of the foaming-at-the-mouth types.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,757,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage_50 View Post
It's been proven that those who identify with the democratic party are far more educated than the other side. I see people trying to deny this, and I'm not sure why. It's well-known and proven.

Do not mistake education for intelligence, after all education is designed to make you a good follower/employee in the corporate world.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:45 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,757,146 times
As Colorado's economy has diversified into tech and the financial sector has grown to become the center of the rocky mountain region it has attracted more liberals, as they seem to be rampant in those sectors. That said there are areas that are more conservative than they were in the past as well. Overall I expect the majority to vote democrat/liberal due to the population of the front range.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM

I have unique insights into the party affiliations here - which I won't elaborate on - but the largest trend has been for people to move to the middle (change from the major parties to Unaffiliated). That includes existing residents and newcomers (the latter typically starting off Unaffiliated).

With actual state statistics and data, there is no mythical blue/pink runaway train. It's just rubbish from the excitable, unstable, and extremist right.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:57 AM

3,411 posts, read 4,653,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
As Colorado's economy has diversified into tech and the financial sector has grown to become the center of the rocky mountain region it has attracted more liberals, as they seem to be rampant in those sectors. That said there are areas that are more conservative than they were in the past as well. Overall I expect the majority to vote democrat/liberal due to the population of the front range.
Same thing with higher academia, Hollywood, government and the alphabet media. It's all a propaganda machine for the masses.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,592,658 times
Quote:
Do not mistake education for intelligence, after all education is designed to make you a good follower/employee in the corporate world.
Maybe a business degree, but that is one of the very few degrees where there is a slight conservative lean in degree holders.

You can’t tell me a degree in mathematics, biology, or Astro physics is designed to make you a better follower/employee. These degrees hold heavy liberal leans from degree holders, as do most others with the exception of petroleum engineering.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:18 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,590,309 times
Colorado, like everywhere else, is becoming more liberal due to younger people’s ability to fact check with reliable sources due to the internet. But now well-established sources with large vocabularies, science, math, and education are liberal conspiracy theories apparently.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Lol, education is designed to teach rationality, and the skills learned are often not directly useful in the job market. The whole paradigm of Western innovation has been built off critical thinking and the Scientific Method.

An education doesn’t automatically make you more intelligent, but to argue that there’s no correlation is extremely unintelligent.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Colorado, like everywhere else, is becoming more liberal due to younger people’s ability to fact check with reliable sources due to the internet.
Well, checking reliable sources is a common problem these days across the board for Americans, regardless of age and political affiliation.

Regardless, it's easy to see far more reich-wingers immediately accepting and reacting to "information" on the Internet and in the media than moderates and liberals. It's becoming a deeply ingrained Pavlov's Dog response.

That GOP elephant needs to morph into a salivating pit bull.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-18-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 10-18-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Well, checking reliable sources is a common problem these days across the board for Americans, regardless of age and political affiliation.

Regardless, it's easy to see far more reich-wingers immediately accepting and reacting to "information" on the Internet and in the media than moderates and liberals. It's becoming a deeply ingrained Pavlov's Dog response.

That GOP elephant needs to morph into a salivating pit bull.
I’d be lying if I said I had never fallen for Russian propaganda, but the numbers are pretty damning. “Enlightened”, cynical, centrism and blaming both sides equally won’t solve the problem.

Conservatives retweeted Russian trolls 30 times more often than liberals.

Short of digging into the research paper and finding fundamental flaws with their methodology that would account for a bias that affects the results 30 fold, the numbers are damning, and this is far from the only study to corroborate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: