Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 08:21 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
It’s Ok. It’s good to have multiple opinions. I was talking to a builder earlier this week and they all want the growth in GJ to slow down. Too much too soon. So having some not like the town is probably good.

Having traveled by train in many parts of the world, I can tell you most railyards present the backside of a city.

If you move here c’mon back and visit the Colorado National Monument on the south side of town, the vineyards out east and drive up on the Grand Mesa. You might see the town very differently. I’ll even buy you a local beer, wine or spirit.

As for the food, Glenwood really only has a couple good spots, but I will let you decide.

Since the original postings we’ve had a few friends from Denver visit and by the end of the weekend, all of them were looking at lots to build their retirement homes. Some see GJ as a nice small city with all the amenities you need, airport, hospital, etc and tons of recreation with milder winters than most other parts of the state.

You might want to check out my photo thread on Grand Junction. It shows a lot of what makes it great here.

re the bolded, I guess your PR campaign is working. Better not admit doing that to any of your neighbors.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 PM

88 posts, read 88,058 times
Grand Junction? Lemme know when it becomes much more than an oil town. Sure, it has some people move there for other reasons, but it's not going to get Californicated until it becomes more than an oil town.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:42 PM

88 posts, read 88,058 times
Pagosa seems like one of those places that many people hope will indeed someday get Californicated (you can thank me later for that word) then regret it when it happens.

Old 04-20-2020, 11:56 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino63 View Post
Grand Junction? Lemme know when it becomes much more than an oil town. Sure, it has some people move there for other reasons, but it's not going to get Californicated until it becomes more than an oil town.
The town has an oil legacy, though most recently that industry has been over shadowed by healthcare, aviation, education and government.

Here are the top 25 employers and not an oil company or oil services company among them.

https://www.gjep.org/resource-center/leading-employers/

Old 04-20-2020, 02:07 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Not going to thank anyone for that stupid term "Californicated." A lot of states wish they could be Californicated to where they have the 5th largest economy in the world, have a tech industry laying golden eggs globally, grow enough fruits and vegetables to feed half the country, produce outstanding wines that are sold in all 50 states, and so much more. Taxpayers in California send more money to the federal government than they get back since a chunk of those funds end up in the welfare states as federally funded dairy price supports, crop insurance and various farm subsidies. No one should use that term, it does nothing but add to the 'divide and conquer' aspect of our lives .... and to whose benefit.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:16 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
California is an awesome state very forward thinking and a true jewel for the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado