Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:34 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times

Advertisements

Okay, not strictly a relocation-related post (and I certainly don't want to scare anyone off by reading this) but how about a quick poll? What city/town are you living in in Colorado and how much snow have you had so far? Also, were you planning on travelling over the weekend anywhere?

I'm in Longmont and we've had 20" so far and it's still snowing, altho nowhere near has hard as last night. I am supposed to fly to New Mexico Saturday morning out of DIA with my father who is currently stuck in LaGuardia with no real ETA on when he can get to Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 AM

648 posts, read 2,941,164 times
I am in Colorado Springs, we probably have 10 inches, the drifts are what is so crazy. People in our neighborhood will not be going anywhere today. Everybody keep warm! bashep

Old 12-21-2006, 09:24 AM

226 posts, read 1,370,085 times
I am in Larkspur (half way between Denver and Colorado Springs) we have 2 feet not counting the snow drifts which are considerably higher. It is still snowing, but not as hard as yesterday. I was also here for the blizzard of 2003, we are not even close to the snow totals from that storm.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,987 times
It's impossible to tell how much snow we actually got - Colorado Springs.

Anyhow, my poor neighbors ahve huge drifts (one at least 6'). I was up doing some shoveling last night so the drift going through my driveway isn't too bad.

My patio hardly has any snow but there's a good 4' drift on the southern end of my yard.

We even have some bare blacktop in my 'hood but my car is stuck two blocks from here. Whine! If I had only made that last bit of the street, I would have been able to negotiate my street okay.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:02 PM

210 posts, read 1,345,505 times
I'm in south/southwest Denver (Littleton)... it's not snowing here anymore but we have about 28" or so. We have some drifts that are 5-7 feet along our back fence. Our driveway's clear but our street is definitely impassable (although my neighbor is out shoveling the street as we speak!!).

Luckily we weren't planning on going anywhere for Christmas.... everybody was coming to our house. Now we have a lot of food and potentially nobody to eat it!!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:50 PM

476 posts, read 2,319,273 times
Was over in Durango today and the roads are all dry. They got 6 to 7 inches. The Durango Mountain Resort which is much higher, got over 2 feet.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM

616 posts, read 3,005,610 times
In Highlands Ranch we probably got 2ft or a bit more, with some drifts up to 4ft. Look in this thread for some photos.

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...tml#post224961

Old 12-22-2006, 06:22 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times
Update: my Dad is still stuck in LaGuardia. He crashed at an airport hotel and then got back to the airport at 5am today. He's HOPING to get on a flight this afternoon to Denver but it's a very long shot. If he doesn't get here till tomorrow he'll miss our flight to New Mexico so I'm trying to rebook a later one. The news is saying people may not get into/out of Denver before Sunday! He's already endured a transatlantic flght to NY - I really really hope he can get here today. Keep your fingers crossed.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 AM

210 posts, read 1,345,505 times
chilaili, have you looked at flying him into COS?? I have heard of a lot of people doing that (since their airport is open and operating). Sounds like flights are filling up very fast, but I know a couple of airlines have added flights to handle the Denver traffic. It'd be a longer drive, and probably a longshot of getting a flight, but may potentially be worth it.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:55 AM

431 posts, read 2,794,356 times
I am in Canon City. No snow, very little wind but a couple miles out of this little area is a different world. We sit in a little bowl that is protected on all sides by mts or large hills. Many storms just goes over the top of us as this one did. Temp is setting 30 and above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado