Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:38 PM

74 posts, read 129,308 times

Advertisements

I am looking into moving to colorado but dont know much about the place. I need it to be somewhere where i can feel safe but not oober expensive. Is there such a place or is this just some wish that wont come true?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 06:47 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,469,069 times
Pueblo is a great place and one that you should Consider.

Pueblo is the southern most large city in Colorado, 35 miles south of Colorado Springs on I-25, and is the economic and shopping hub for southern Colorado and has a population of 110,000 and a metro population of over 150,000. We have more sunny days then Florida and are in the "banana belt" as most of the major snow storms other cities in Colorado get miss Pueblo, the snow we do get usually melts in a day or two. During the summers the highs usually are in the 90's with some days above 100 but never 110 and the nights are cool with evening temps in the 70's and 80's!

There are many things to do here some including:

1. Pueblo has a decent club scene, we have our version of LODO that is known as the historic Union ave area and the Riverwalk. There are many bars and restaurants that are popular. If you come down in the summer the Riverwalk is a fun place to walk. There are major developments planed for the area and as they get started I will post pics.

2. The Colorado state Fair is Colorado's largest single event and has the most concerts out side of Denver and is in august. The State Fair parade is Colorado's largest parade and a must see if you like parades.

3. The Pueblo reservoir is fun and has great bike trails.

4. There is a nice local art, symphony and theater scene but nothing like Denver obviously.

5. The Professional Bull Riders (PBR) who are headquartered here are starting a wild west fest this spring and they want it to eventually be larger then the Greeley Stampede and Calgary Days. They already have the team finals here during the fair! Jan 15 is the next PBR event at the State Fair, it will be a nationally televised event!

6. We have many great local restaurants from itialn to Mexican to European bistro. I have heard then on KOA talk about how they like to come to Pueblo and visit our family owned restaurants!

7. The Chili festival in the fall is a great and many people attend. It is on the Riverwalk.

8. College football has returned to Pueblo at CSU Pueblo, so if you like college football it is a must see!

On the Pueblo and Southern Colorado Thread, on this site, I have pics of Pueblo that you might want to see.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:41 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMegan View Post
I am looking into moving to colorado but dont know much about the place. I need it to be somewhere where i can feel safe but not oober expensive. Is there such a place or is this just some wish that wont come true?!
You need to tell us more about your work, job, and lifestyle preferences. Once we know you better, we can advise you quite well.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,919,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
You need to tell us more about your work, job, and lifestyle preferences. Once we know you better, we can advise you quite well.
Ditto.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
I am looking into moving to colorado ..........is this just some wish that wont come true?!
Why do you want to move?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 AM

74 posts, read 129,308 times
Well Im very young. I havent started a carreer so not too picky on finding a job as long as I have one. I want to go places while Im still young and dont have a family of my own to hold me back from doing that. I am currently from Utah and dont want to move too far from home but would like some space and something new, the opportunity to meet new people and get a new start.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Well Im very young. I havent started a carreer so not too picky on finding a job as long as I have one. I want to go places while Im still young and dont have a family of my own to hold me back from doing that. I am currently from Utah and dont want to move too far from home but would like some space and something new, the opportunity to meet new people and get a new start.
In that case, most anywhere will do. Denver seems your best bet, lots of people and bound to be a job of some sort for you.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
Megan, hop in the carreer and get oober here already !!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,897,594 times
Move to Las Vegas for a few years. That's a fun place if you are single. Just stay away from gambling! No state income taxes in NV is great.

Then after you find the right person, come settle down in Colorado.

That's what I did

Old 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,084,542 times
Yeah EricHarris, that's what I would do!!!
I would be a Wine Angel at the Mandalay Bay....find my love then, move to Colorado!!! I vote YES on that plan!! DO IT!!!
I am serious, btw!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado